Why become a member? ×

this email can't be real, can it?

Funky Dunky

There was no link in the email - just a request to reply to the @fender.com email address. I see zero cause for concern unless someone managed to hack that guy's fender.com email address and was asking you to click on dodgy links or send money transfers for P&P!

I'd be more concerned that you published the whole email complete with both yours and the senders email addresses.

It would have been very simple for someone less scrupulous than the 300 or so people who've read this thread to have spoofed your email reply and claimed the prize for themselves, while you were still wondering if the original email was genuine.

Edited by BigRedX

[u][quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1441796528' post='2861803']
I'd be more concerned that you published the whole email complete with both yours and the senders email addresses.

It would have been very simple for someone less scrupulous than the 300 or so people who've read this thread to have spoofed your email reply and claimed the prize for themselves, while you were still wondering if the original email was genuine.
[/quote][/u]

Who are you calling scrupulous........? <_<

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1441796528' post='2861803']

[/quote]

I did think of trying, but was worried about being screwed by a phisher :lol:

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1441796528' post='2861803']

[/quote]

this just never occurred to me at all. I actually feel a little bit ill just thinking about it.

Congrats!
This seems very legit indeed.

Personally I'm not versed enough to be able to check headers on my mobile platforms, but all mobile e-mail clients are set to not delete the mail from the server so I can always easily check the header on my pc instead (in my case: right-click the mail line in the inbox --> Properties --> Details --> Message Source).
Maybe an idea for somebody.