Why become a member? ×

Down to just the two...

Telebass

[quote name='bassix' timestamp='1439291359' post='2841539']
I think for those talented forum members who can and do play a multitude of styles then more than two basses is perfectly reasonable.

For us less abled bassists I think two would do just fine.
[/quote]

I dunno if thats true... I had loads of basses at one point and I was still crap... :mellow:

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1439365897' post='2842119']
I don't see anything wrong with having loads of basses. It's just become unnecessary for me. And I'm impressed by all the extra space I have!
:)
[/quote]

Same here at one point I had more basses than space to keep them,especially since I was not playing live, and with a family that needed the space a bit more. So now I'm down to 3 my 1964 Hofner Violin bass & my 1989 Squire precision, both of which now have been stored away (just sentimental value now). And my 1 bass that I play now is a 2014 US Precision and I feel better for it.

I'm down to 2 after much horse trading and selling. My '86 Precision has been with me since it was bought for me in '86 and that, will never go. My Vigier Excess 5 is my "go to" bass and that will remain so from now on, I'm quite confident about that. I am looking for a back up to No.1 and have my eye on a cheeky little, Precison Deluxe V bass. Once the back up is in place, I know I will be sorted for the foreseeable ;)

Edited by mattbass6

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1439237816' post='2841230']
Have really had a good clear-out over the last few months. Now just two basses left,
my Fender bitsa and the Squier P5.
Everything I need, nothing I don't.
[/quote]

Ditto.
Squier P5 and a Harley Benton HB550fl deko - amazing bass for 38 quid 😵
(couldn't bring myself to defret the Squier!)