Why become a member? ×

'Get a haircut ya hippies!'

spectoremg

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1434265159' post='2798048']
I'm just wondering how the bloke from Lord of the Rings became their singer.
[/quote]

D'oh! Five hours too late - was going to say 'Isn't that Aragorn, son of Arathorn on vocals?' ...but you beat me to it. ;)

Other news: I'm just happy to have hair and happier it hasn't gone grey yet. I was musing on whether to grow it long one last time... probably the last chance I'll get, but on the other hand doing that may well cause what I've got left to fall out! :D

Young master discreet and myself have a good TV game - when any bald people appear on the screen we both point and shout 'HE'S BALD!', which is actually a lot more fun than it sounds.

Edited by discreet

[URL=http://s34.photobucket.com/user/gafbass02/media/528C95B3-837B-403C-AD09-6DBEAE4BE5BE.jpg.html][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/528C95B3-837B-403C-AD09-6DBEAE4BE5BE.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
I've been mulling this myself. Just turned 39 and wondering if next year should be the 'cut off' point!

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1434292991' post='2798347']
This has to be a saddest thread ever started, surely we've got better things to frown upon ?

I say fair play to them
[/quote]This isn't the saddest thread,
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/264096-the-old-maplerosewood-topic-but-with-results-from-the-herts-bass-bash/
this is.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1434316525' post='2798649'] This isn't the saddest thread, http://basschat.co.uk/topic/264096-the-old-maplerosewood-topic-but-with-results-from-the-herts-bass-bash/ this is. [/quote]

Really. This Is a topic that comes up a lot on here when people want to know which bass to buy. What contributes to the sound in their head. Your sneering remakes make you sound like a narrow minded no it all.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1434323917' post='2798688']
Really. This Is a topic that comes up a lot on here when people want to know which bass to buy. What contributes to the sound in their head. Your sneering remakes make you sound like a narrow minded no it all.
[/quote]

Question: is a 'no it all' in constant denial..? Hmm... :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1434324990' post='2798696'] Question: is a 'no it all' in constant denial..? Hmm... :mellow: [/quote]

Sorry, It should have been know it all.

I forgot about the basschat spelcheck polise. I'm surry.

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434285555' post='2798276']

D'oh! Five hours too late - was going to say 'Isn't that Aragorn, son of Arathorn on vocals?' ...but you beat me to it. ;)

Other news: I'm just happy to have hair and happier it hasn't gone grey yet. I was musing on whether to grow it long one last time... probably the last chance I'll get, but on the other hand doing that may well cause what I've got left to fall out! :D

Young master discreet and myself have a good TV game - when any bald people appear on the screen we both point and shout 'HE'S BALD!', which is actually a lot more fun than it sounds.
[/quote]
When I was eighteen I had a Purple Ronnie book that had a Ten Commandments in it. One of them was "Thou shalt not point at baldies.". It might sound odd, but my brother (who was seventeen at the time) loved me reading that book to him. Anyway, one day, after being awake for about thirty hours and suffering sleep deprivation (we couldn't afford alcohol), my brother, a friend, my wife and I went into town. For some reason, it became the most hilarious thing ever to spot baldies and giggle like little schoolgirls while trying our hardest to not point at them.

The second funniest thing ever (that we discovered that day) was a toy we found in Woolworths called a Jibber Jabber. We laughed until we cried that day.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1434323917' post='2798688']
[/quote]Sneering remakes - is that Sneering the sequal?

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1434316525' post='2798649']
This isn't the saddest thread,
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/264096-the-old-maplerosewood-topic-but-with-results-from-the-herts-bass-bash/
this is.
[/quote]

Yeah but that's the kind of sadness I embrace and live for :)

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1434235013' post='2797942']
No, do what you want with your hair, but that Yes show was sad. :(
[/quote]

Hair? wear it long, go for it, whatever your age.

That gig, *sigh* As a lifelong Yes fan, it pained me to watch it, they all look so bored apart for Jon Davidson.

In the Comments for the Vid someone mentioned a Jon Anderson/Todmobile collaboration with a Link to 'Awaken' my Fave yes song, WHAT A DIFFERENCE, a lively energetic performance of a gorgeous song that had me with goosebumps and tears of Joy.

When Going For The One came out, with punk in full flight, the title track was bursting with energy, yelling "we're still here!". This, however, was..... meh.

Edit: this, as mentioned earlier, is more like it!

[media]http://youtu.be/yE1pnDERWU0[/media]

Edited by ras52