Why become a member? ×

Straps/Basses..?

Donnyboy

Two comfort strapps. One with fender strap locks fitted, one with schallers.

Many basses, some with fender strap locks, etc....

Mix and match as appropriate.

Panic about the day that I take a fenderlock-fitted bass and a schallerlock-fitted strap to a gig

One strap for all my basses as they all have the same straplocks and I've done this to all of them to allow for a quick adjustment if required...

[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsahw4cdie.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsahw4cdie.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Why have just one ? They're not expensive
A fender strap (the fabric/leather ones that come OE) for each regardless of make, I don't change height that I play at so it doesn't matter that the brands differ

Like seashell I just can't be bothered to swap them about

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hubrad' timestamp='1432912757' post='2786174']
One strap per bass, and a decent strap at that if it's a gigging bass.
If I don't do it that way, I just know I'll be at a gig with one bass and no strap!
[/quote]

Actually, this is a good point
I usually end up forgetting that spare jack lead I was going to pack, or whatever
So if each of my basses didn't have its' own strap
It's likely that I could forget a strap for a gig :o

Definitely one per bass

All my basses are different and need different strap lengths.

So the ones I play most have their own straps. The ones that I play rarely don't.

Edit - I'm a big fan of Neotech Mega Bass Straps. Really comfy and great with a heavy bass.

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1433838659' post='2794329']

So the ones I play most have their own straps. The ones that I play rarely don't.

Edit - I'm a big fan of Neotech Mega Bass Straps. Really comfy and great with a heavy bass.
[/quote]

I got a Neotech Mega after knackering my shoulder last year - so comfy!

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1432937960' post='2786509']
All my instruments - basses and guitars - have a strap for each one. I also have custom made straps for some of them, such as yhese ostrich leather ones (made for me by Martin Pryce Leather Artisan)

[url="http://s7.photobucket.com/user/kevin_lindsay/media/FB_IMG_1432937647656_1.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Lovely stuff. :gas:
[quote name='molan' timestamp='1432920200' post='2786251']
Each of my regular use basses has its own strap but this is mostly dictated by the hardware on the bass. Some are more colour/ design orientated though:

White Ritter has a flashy white leather strap with gold Schaller strap locks

Tobacco burst Ritter has a black leather Ritter prototype strap with black Dunlops (one reversed because of the body design)

Gold Lull has a dark blue Mono with nickel Dunlops

Dark Cherry burst Sadowsky NYC has a Black Harvest with chrome Schallers

DCB Sadowsky Metro is the heaviest and has a Comfort strap with chrome Schallers

Black Status has a short Comfort strap with black Schallers

There's a couple of vintage Fenders that get whatever strap is lying around without strap locks on, lol
[/quote]

Any pictures by any chance?

We need to see the straps!!!! :gas:
[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1433054974' post='2787315']
One strap for all my basses as they all have the same straplocks and I've done this to all of them to allow for a quick adjustment if required...

[url="http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsahw4cdie.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

... and the strap, we need to see the strap!!! :gas:

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1433839187' post='2794339']
I got a Neotech Mega after knackering my shoulder last year - so comfy!
[/quote]

+1 for the Neotech strap, when you have a 12lb+ bass these straps mean you don't buckle in half part way through the set ;) Very comfortable and spread the load, slightly grippy so they can help with mild balance issues, just all kinds of good.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1433838659' post='2794329']

[/quote]

+1 on the Neotech.

I've got two Neotech straps, wouldn't consider buying any other straps now.

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1432937960' post='2786509']
All my instruments - basses and guitars - have a strap for each one. I also have custom made straps for some of them, such as yhese ostrich leather ones (made for me by Martin Pryce Leather Artisan)

[url="http://s7.photobucket.com/user/kevin_lindsay/media/FB_IMG_1432937647656_1.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Too cool. Way too cool!

3 basses and 3 3.5" wide leather straps, with Dunlop strap locks.

I'll always arrive at a gig with the strap because I never take them off, and I never take the gigging bass out of the bag at home.

Years ago I broke a strap so now I carry a spare in the accessories bag, just in case it happens again. I've not needed to use it, but once I did have to lend it to a guitarist.

All basses (and guitars) except acoustics are fitted with Schaller or compatible straplocks so all straps are so equipped.

10-string is neckdivey and has its own strap - suede one to prevent neckdive, one of those slot-position ones so it's permanently set up for that bass, which only fits in one case.

Buzzard has a sweet spot (dictated by the ergonomics) and has its own strap, which lives in its case (exclusive to the Buzzard).

Sei fits in a guitar case and its strap lives in there.

Other basses get to use the strap that's in the other case.

My Variax guitar lives in a case with a strap in it.

So I actually have a strap for every case.

Oh, the one bass that isn't fitted with Schaller stuff is the Hohner B2AV, which has its own case, and a strap that lives in there specially for it.