Why become a member? ×

Thoughts on Shell Pink?

miles'tone

Been looking at loads of the old Fender custom colours for my refin and I really like this colour combo, but I'm undecided if I could rock it myself. Not sure if the novelty would wear off.
What do you lot think about it? Could you/do you play a pink one?

Edited by miles'tone

Looks great, but would better with a different P/G as others have said.

Of course you like pink, Ped; your new avatar's background confirms it.
[quote name='ped' timestamp='1432721761' post='2784214']
I'm biased as I used to have a '57 re-issue in shell pink, with white PG and all the ashtrays. I loved it and it looked great in the flesh. I'll see if I can find a pic...
[/quote]

Pink is fine. I have an MIJ '96 Anniversary Jazz which I acquired many years ago through this Forum. It has all the signs of being heavily used both by the original owner and myself. I found that the original white scratch plate was a bit too in-your-face so I changed it to a Tort. This was taken before I changed back to a VVT control plate.

Edited by obbm

I love Shell Pink, but I'd also echo the comments above and say that the tort scratchplate doesn't go with the colour combo.

My general rule is that tort can go with pretty much any colour but only goes with rosewood fretboards.

I'm generally not [i]too[/i] bothered about colours (despite both my fenders being Butterscotch blonde) but it would have to be an exeptional player/tone for me to gig a shell pink, sorry. Come to think of it I think it's the red end of the spectrum that I find least appealing, not a big fan of CAR either. having said that I'm not keen on green. OK maybe I am influenced by the colours after all :unsure:

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shell pink is fine but I'd go white pearl pickguard and white pickup covers. [/font][/color][/quote]

<spang> (sound of nail being hit right on the head) Good move sir!

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]... and rosewood fretboard. [/font][/color][/quote]

...and snatches defeat from the jaws of victory .... :rolleyes: Oh dear :D :P