Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2015 - Sunday 14th June, 12 to 5pm

TheGreek

[quote name='Stingray5' timestamp='1434273428' post='2798133']
Looking forward to seeing everyone today but I'm afraid I'll have to leave my gear at home. As previously mentioned, I had some recent back problems and although things feel very much better now, I'd rather not risk lugging instruments and amps etc., particularly as I have some gigs looming in the next couple of weeks. Apologies to such, who requested I bring the Westones. Maybe the South East Bass Bash? :-)
[/quote]

No worries man, health comes first!

It was great to see so many friendly faces and be able to catch up, and also meet some new BCers! Thank you all for attending - we had at least 25 people at the bash, possibly more. Photos, recordings and blog to follow as soon as possible. We rock! \m/ :D \m/

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='such' timestamp='1434272739' post='2798123']
leaving the house soon! Come to think of it, I don't know how my username would be pronounced. So I'm Marcin, or Martin if easier. Do the mods have magic powers to change one's nickname?

See you soon guys.
[/quote]

Good to meet you today.

Concerning your user name, contact one of the admin team :)

Just got back and sorted the gear away. Phew!

Many thanks to all who organised the event, to all the stars who performed and presented and all those who went and made the day what it was: Another really successful Bash.

Many thanks

And obviously a big thank you to Mick, Lozz and Chris who organised the bash, Sibob's dad who took photos of several attendees with their gear, Tim the drummer, Andrew, Nick and Peter for their talks, Mrs Grangur* for helping with the bass test, and all the others who donated their time or possessions for the bash.

* I still don't know her first name! Would love to be enlightened :)

A big thank you to all the organizers and sponsors of this bash, really enjoyed it! Will definitely be back next year! Really good to finally put faces to the usernames.

-From one happy kid who now owns the lovely SUB bass. :-)

Edited by ordep

A great day, you guys have been so, so generous with both time and money, I personally would like to say thank you to each and everyone of you and a huge pat on the back to the guys and girls that have worked behind the scenes to make the bash a good day.

Very much appreciated.

All the best from the Tea Boy for the day.

nice to meet everyone. Congrats to the winners of the raffle! Personally, I'm very happy with my prize, which is the "Plectrum technique" book. Some nice gear to drool over - I was particularly in love with Jack's Lull T-Bird (which I had a photoshoot with ;) ) and the fretless Wal, which sadly was a leftie. Oh, and the '66 jazz of course, that was paired against my Marcus in the fretboard contest, but didn't sound as nice. NO, it didn't.

Big thank you to everyone who contributed to the event being so enjoyable.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1434304539' post='2798501']
And obviously a big thank you to Mick, Lozz and Chris who organised the bash, Sibob's dad who took photos of several attendees with their gear, Tim the drummer, Andrew, Nick and Peter for their talks, Mrs Grangur* for helping with the bass test, and all the others who donated their time or possessions for the bash.

* I still don't know her first name! Would love to be enlightened :)
[/quote]
Thank you too Sylvia. Mrs G is generally known as Louisa. Louisa also thoroughly enjoyed the day and will be pleased to help more behind the scenes next year; such as helping Chris with the teas.

It was also great to see ordep again. We met when I bought a bass from him a while back. It was good to see the winner actually enjoying the bass, rather than eyeing up it's value for a listing in the "For Sale" section. I'm sure it's gone to a good home.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1434305758' post='2798524']
Thank you too Sylvia. Mrs G is generally known as Louisa. Louisa also thoroughly enjoyed the day and will be pleased to help more behind the scenes next year; such as helping Chris with the teas.

It was also great to see ordep again. We met when I bought a bass from him a while back. It was good to see the winner actually enjoying the bass, rather than eyeing up it's value for a listing in the "For Sale" section. I'm sure it's gone to a good home.
[/quote]

Mrs G was a star :-) appreciated the help.

Another superb bash, it was great to meet up again with old friends and make new ones, too. Not to mention some outstanding gear. Thanks also to the folks who put it all together. Looking forward to the South East BB... :)

Home now with the England-v-Slovenia game in the background...hope that everybody had a good time.

Firstly I must say I am thankful and humbled by the efforts of the team of people who gave their time and energy to make the event a success. I would have liked to have attended more of the seminars but my attention was, unfortunately, required elsewhere.

My appreciation and thanks go out, in no particular order, to [b]Lozz196[/b] for his seminar on fretboards - another surprising result which I'm sure you'll read about in the relevant thread and on video when we get this posted on YT.

Also to [b]Sibob[/b], whose parents provided the photo booth, taking free photos of attendees and their gear, which was a great addition to the usual format. Lots of positive feedback for this addition to our event. To all those out there thinking about putting on a Bash locally, [u]this is an absolute must have[/u]. To [b]SiBob's parents[/b], (sorry I can't recall your names) many thanks - we will welcome your input again in the future if you are able. I'm sure that Si will post a link to the photos as soon as they've been uploaded.

Thanks to [b]Nick Smith(Doctor of the Bass)[/b] who, with only a few hours sleep after getting home at 5am, delivered another fantastic seminar on Modes and chords. I would also like to thank [b]Peter[/b], his very able assistant, who co-hosted that part of the event. Again, don't forget to catch the video here and on YT.

Also thanks to [b]Andy Needham from D'Addario[/b] who delivered a well received seminar on string construction and the D'Addario range followed by a Q&A session which lasted a little longer than the 15 minutes he envisaged. Andy and D'Addario were very generous in donating strings for the fretboard challenge and prizes for the raffle. Video of the seminar to follow.
On a more personal note, Andy also donated about 20 sets of guitar strings to the centre for the instruments in their music rehearsal room and has agreed to support the venue in the future.

Thanks also go out to [b]Chris Manfredi (Bassface2k10)[/b] who ran the catering all afternoon and paid for most of the refreshments. Anybody thinking about buying a new amp could do a lot worse than look at his Markbass Jeff Berlin combo for sale here in the marketplace.

Thanks to [b]Tim Healy[/b], drummer, who gave up his time to come along to be available for the seminars and for jamming with. We really could have given him a bit more work to do - bear this in mind for future events.

Thanks to EBUK distributors [b]Strings & Things[/b] who provided the much desired EB Sterling Stingray Sub4 and many other prizes for the raffle. Thanks to [b]Stuart Clayton[/b] for the books in the raffle and to [b]Bass Guitar magazine[/b] for their donations and support too.

Thanks to [b]Bluejay[/b] and [b]Happy Jack[/b] for the use of their video cameras so that the seminars are recorded for prosterity. Hopefully Bluejay will be posting her photos and blog when she's able to. Looking forward to this.

Can't forget the soundman, [b]Harp[/b], who gave up his Sunday morning to get the PA set up for the various seminars.

Finally my thanks to everybody who attended - you manage to raise[b] £465[/b], which doesn't include a very generous donation of £50 and a raffle donation of 5 hours at [b]The Farm Factory studios in Welwyn Garden City[/b] from [b]Simon (Hertsbass)[/b] - many thanks Simon, very much appreciated. Also thanks to those who donated prizes to the raffle and the catering.

We still have a number of raffle prizes left over which we'll add to those at the next SE Bash in Surrey (dates to be announced).

I'll be visiting the venue tomorrow - I'm sure that they will be very appreciative of the money raised.

Apologies to anybody else I may have forgotten.

Edited by TheGreek

What an incredibly pleasant way to spend an afternoon! Many thanks to everyone who made it happen. The modes lesson was really enlightening, and whoda thought rosewood was the new black? Got some excellent help from our friendly neighbourhood D'Addario guy too. A really nice, friendly vibe throughout. Great stuff!

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1434300758' post='2798460']
Thank you all for attending - we had at least 25 people at the bash, possibly more.
[/quote]

That was my count during the D'Addario presentation. At least half a dozen more turned up later, which definitely took us past 30.

I'm pretty sure that makes it the UK's second largest bash (but feel free to put me right). Well done Mick and the team.

And a[b] Massive Thank You[/b] to all of you for a smashing day out, particularly Mick, Chris, Lozz and the team who put it all together.

I had a great time and I'm sorry if I bored you all. :P

....and Bluejay, if you publish any pics. showing how fat I am, I will sulk! :D

Now off to watch the footie.....

Thanks again, Y'all.

Nearly forgot...Andy from D'Addario has left me with a number of cards giving 50% discount on their strings when bought on their website. Offer is open till 14th July 2015. Get in contact if you didn't pick up a card at the Herts Bass Bash and would like to take advantage of the offer.

thank you for having me in this bass bash considering i'm new here.
thanks to ordep for letting me know about this event.
i felt the program was well-organized.

i'm glad to meet new friends... the greek, simon, edwin, nick, pete, andrew (of d'addario), tim, nick and pete (that was a great seminar/jam)... of course, chris at the counter... and everyone else whose names are on the top of my head.

Many thanks to Mick, Chris and all the contributors for making the event so memorable, and for all the attendees for making it so friendly and fun. I was really pleased to be able to offer some support on behalf of Farm Factory Studios.

Mick said I was allowed a small plug for the business, so here goes :-)

A couple of months ago a friend and I bought Farm Factory, a long-established and well-regarded rehearsal room and recording studio in Welwyn Garden City. This is not a corporate, short-term money-grabbing acquisition; but a long-term business, funded and run by local musicians, for local musicians.

As such, your views are incredibly important to us. Can I therefore ask a couple of small favours.

Firstly, if you’re a Facebooker, please like our FB page (https://www.facebook.com/farmfactorystudios?fref=ts). You’ll be the first to hear our news and any special offers. Our website (www.farmfactorystudios.com) is currently down, pending relaunch, but we’ll announce it on FB when it goes live again.

Secondly, if there’s anything you love, or hate, about us; or about studios in general, please PM me to let me know. We are always keen to know what we can improve, and any suggestions will help us tremendously.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) we’d be delighted to see you down at the studio. We have one recording studio and booth, six large and well-soundproofed rehearsal rooms (one DI’ed to the studio for live recording), plus four Ampeg SVT-350s and 8x10 cabs for anyone who wants to ‘go loud’.

It was great seeing you all today.

Simon

Edited by hertsbass

Another great day. Many thanks to everyone involved. I daren't start naming names or I'm bound to leave someone out.!

It's great to know that the money raised goes directly to a good cause. I'll be interested to find out how much that was. :-)

Edited by seashell