Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2015 - Sunday 14th June, 12 to 5pm

TheGreek

As always, a really fun day of lovely chats and gear ogling ;)
Regarding the member photos, we'll have them for you ASAP! You'll get full high quality pictures on a Dropbox link, and whilst you certainly won't be charged for them, as with anything, if you REALLY like the photo(s) and find a use for them, then feel free to donate further to the site (BC), Breaks Manor, or whatever charity that you feel close to :).

Thanks to Mick, Chris and everyone involved......even my mum enjoyed it :)

Si

What a great day! Thanks to Mick, Chris and lozz :)
My fave bits were Mick's shoes, Jack's Lull T5, Chris's coffee, getting my photo taken and after all this time finally discovering that MacDaddy does indeed own a bass (even if it's all wrong!)

I got home last night and discovered that my D'Daddario prize actually contains two sets of strings! Thanks to BC's raffles I'm well on my way for not having to buy a set of rounds for three years!

Thanks to Lozz'z demo it's finally been irrevocably, scientifically proven which is the best in the Maple / Rosewood stakes. I also like the fact that within all the BC Jaco's and Pino's, it's a pick playing Punka who steps up to the plate :) (erm, sorry, missed the other demo's :blush: )

Outstanding! :)

It was a great day out, good to catch up again and meet new faces.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1434347845' post='2798732']
What a great day! Thanks to Mick, Chris and lozz :)
My fave bits were Mick's shoes, Jack's Lull T5, Chris's coffee, getting my photo taken and after all this time finally discovering that MacDaddy does indeed own a bass (even if it's all wrong!)

Outstanding! :)
[/quote]

Have to agree, Micks shoes are class.

Didn't get to meet you Sean, sorry about that.

It was a great day out. Hats off to the organisers.

A big thanks to Mick & Chris for all their efforts putting the bash together. We do appreciate it. And also to everyone else who contributed with talks, photos and raffle prizes, gear etc. I loved the fretboard shootout - it was great to hear different woods side by side, and I was surprised that the result was so one sided (but the rosewood did sound better ;) ).
And in typical Ratman style, I came home with 2 more pedals. I mean, it's not like I have enough around here already! I nabbed an LS-2 off Happy Jack and I won a EHX Clone Theory in the raffle. Nice.
It was great to meet a few more of you too. Nice folks one and all.

:)

i'm still working on photos and videos, but here is a preview of some of the great people who made the bash happen!

Sibob having his photo taken by his dad, under the watchful eye of his mum :)

And Louisa (Mrs Grangur) - I asked her to pose among the test basses!

Lots more to follow asap :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1434307403' post='2798553']
Home now with the England-v-Slovenia game in the background...hope that everybody had a good time.

Firstly I must say I am thankful and humbled by the efforts of the team of people who gave their time and energy to make the event a success. I would have liked to have attended more of the seminars but my attention was, unfortunately, required elsewhere.

My appreciation and thanks go out, in no particular order, to [b]Lozz196[/b] for his seminar on fretboards - another surprising result which I'm sure you'll read about in the relevant thread and on video when we get this posted on YT.

Also to [b]Sibob[/b], whose parents provided the photo booth, taking free photos of attendees and their gear, which was a great addition to the usual format. Lots of positive feedback for this addition to our event. To all those out there thinking about putting on a Bash locally, [u]this is an absolute must have[/u]. To [b]SiBob's parents[/b], (sorry I can't recall your names) many thanks - we will welcome your input again in the future if you are able. I'm sure that Si will post a link to the photos as soon as they've been uploaded.

Thanks to [b]Nick Smith(Doctor of the Bass)[/b] who, with only a few hours sleep after getting home at 5am, delivered another fantastic seminar on Modes and chords. I would also like to thank [b]Peter[/b], his very able assistant, who co-hosted that part of the event. Again, don't forget to catch the video here and on YT.

Also thanks to [b]Andy Needham from D'Addario[/b] who delivered a well received seminar on string construction and the D'Addario range followed by a Q&A session which lasted a little longer than the 15 minutes he envisaged. Andy and D'Addario were very generous in donating strings for the fretboard challenge and prizes for the raffle. Video of the seminar to follow.
On a more personal note, Andy also donated about 20 sets of guitar strings to the centre for the instruments in their music rehearsal room and has agreed to support the venue in the future.

Thanks also go out to [b]Chris Manfredi (Bassface2k10)[/b] who ran the catering all afternoon and paid for most of the refreshments. Anybody thinking about buying a new amp could do a lot worse than look at his Markbass Jeff Berlin combo for sale here in the marketplace.

Thanks to [b]Tim Healy[/b], drummer, who gave up his time to come along to be available for the seminars and for jamming with. We really could have given him a bit more work to do - bear this in mind for future events.

Thanks to EBUK distributors [b]Strings & Things[/b] who provided the much desired EB Sterling Stingray Sub4 and many other prizes for the raffle. Thanks to [b]Stuart Clayton[/b] for the books in the raffle and to [b]Bass Guitar magazine[/b] for their donations and support too.

Thanks to [b]Bluejay[/b] and [b]Happy Jack[/b] for the use of their video cameras so that the seminars are recorded for prosterity. Hopefully Bluejay will be posting her photos and blog when she's able to. Looking forward to this.

Can't forget the soundman, [b]Harp[/b], who gave up his Sunday morning to get the PA set up for the various seminars.

Finally my thanks to everybody who attended - you manage to raise[b] £465[/b], which doesn't include a very generous donation of £50 and a raffle donation of 5 hours at [b]The Farm Factory studios in Welwyn Garden City[/b] from [b]Simon (Hertsbass)[/b] - many thanks Simon, very much appreciated. Also thanks to those who donated prizes to the raffle and the catering.

We still have a number of raffle prizes left over which we'll add to those at the next SE Bash in Surrey (dates to be announced).

I'll be visiting the venue tomorrow - I'm sure that they will be very appreciative of the money raised.

Apologies to anybody else I may have forgotten.
[/quote]

That's how you do it! :)

Congrats to Mick, Lozz & co - looks like another amazing day in the BC calendar..

Couldn't make this myself as I was rehearsing for a festival gig this coming Sunday, so hopefully I can come and enjoy it next year!

Sorry, I'm seriously under the weather today, and didn't manage to do much work. I may publish another couple of pics soon, but most of them will be in the blog. I would need a shot or two of the raffle, which we had to miss, when Sibob's dad has them ready. And of course I'll be happy to link to his page from my blog when he publishes the photos he took of you guys with your basses :)

Hey guys,

All photos have been PM'd to the individual members.
Apologies for the brevity of the PM, there were a few to get through ;)
Hopefully you can use the photos for something at least, perhaps we'll be a bit better setup with gear/lighting next year, it was a bit improvised this year. However I think some really good shots came out of it.

Obviously post them if you want to, so others can see :)

Cheers
Si

P.s.
I do believe Jacks Mike Lull was the most photographed bass of the day ;)

Thanks to Si for this photo of Chris (Ordep) collecting the SubRay donated by EBUK Strings&things.

[url="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/SubRay%20winner2015_zpsxdixdaqh.jpeg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/Alex%20SubRay%20winner_zpsqetzn4lu.jpeg.html"][/url]

Edited by TheGreek