Why become a member? ×

Royal Blood

0175westwood29

I think their songs are good. Not revolutionary, or fantastically original but good solid rock songs, of which a good few will get covered a lot (yes, we cover one of their songs), and notice it is getting played in the media, at the start of previews and adverts, so they are going to do well.
I get that they have the gimmick but it seems to have worked for them. I suspect they would be better with a guitarist but maybe not picked up, and the world is full of very good groups that will never get anywhere because there is nothing to make them stand out.

So good luck to them.

[quote name='Blowupsexcat' timestamp='1425340361' post='2706442']
I got told by an engineer at T in the Park they use a secret hidden offstage guitarist.
[/quote]

So is this their engineer? Pretty sure on Jools Holland they didn't, and other appearances where they couldn't get away from that.

They don't have a secret guitarist. That engineer is winding you up. I think they're excellent - they've done what most of us wish we could do, which is make the bass guitar the focal point of a major rock band. Good luck to them, looking forward to the Wembley show with the Foo Fighters.

I got told by an engineer at T in the Park they use a secret hidden offstage guitarist.

Soured it for me.

Unfortunately their 15 minutes of fame are ticking by.

One trick sound which is suited to singles or support slots. Watching them play headline shows is a boring experience due to how one dimensional it is.
[/quote]

Would love to see evidence to that? As they obviously do that on every gig! Even the radio shows in the states I'm sorry but the smells like something to me.

I bought the album and wasnt blow away by any means but I think it absolutely fantastic to see a new rock band up there in the charts and I hope that they stick around for as long as possible because we need more of this type of music rather than the same old xfactor stuff being churned out over and over again.

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1425380498' post='2706640']we need more of this type of music rather than the same old xfactor stuff being churned out over and over again.
[/quote]

I agree with this. A bit less "1974" though. :)

J.

they supported us on tour ! great guys , and sounds huge live, only minus that the set miss on dynamics , was ok listening/watching the first few songs but i didn't stay and watch the all set as i got bored after song number 3! like howdenspur says, its great listening to an individual song but def not the all album.........

Soured it for me.

Unfortunately their 15 minutes of fame are ticking by.

One trick sound which is suited to singles or support slots. Watching them play headline shows is a boring experience due to how one dimensional it is.
[/quote]
As much as I find them bloody dull, I think that sound engineer is spreading malicious gossip and is guilty of a complete lack of professionalism. Of course, he may be right. But even if he was, he still has a gob the size of the Nile Delta telling 'the secret' to some random joe bollocks (no disrespect) and needs relieving of his seed.

The first time i have listened to any of their stuff. In my opinion, they aren`t worth as much attention as they seem to get, but not bad. There are better new rock bands around that i would rather listen to. Nice to see a rock band getting attention though.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1425389005' post='2706760']
random joe bollocks ([b]no disrespect)[/b]
[/quote]

A superfluous disclaimer in my opinion. Were anyone to designate me as a 'random joe bollocks' I should feel sufficiently respected as to change my BassChat username to match.

In any event, I find the idea of a two-piece band with an offstage 'secret player' rather enchanting. Why stop there? One might profitably add keys, percussion, horns and a full orchestra. People would like it and - as my old friend and mentor the Marquis De Vauvenargues once observed - '[i]The art of pleasing is the art of deception[/i]'.
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

As others have said here, I loved what I had heard on Jools etc. So when their album was released, I listened through it on 'tinternet and by halfway through I had lost interest. Still like their sound and when listening to them infrequently but their album wasn't one that I would have on repeat.

I had my first proper listen to them in the car last night on the way home from band practice. I wasn't driving, so I could concentrate on it more. Or so I thought. Once I had track 1 out of the way, the next time I looked it was track 7 and I wondered how the hell it happened. Seems to be a bit samey, tracks merging into each other a bit. It was competent enough, but I don't think I'll seek out my own copy.

I had never heard of them, but sat down after work last night and listened to the album.

It's thoroughly decent, but completely forgettable stuff. There are definitely some nice riffs but nothing to make them hit the playlists