Why become a member? ×

Noel on Kaiser Chiefs

Nicko

We did a show with an Oasis tribute band who did it quite well, but we were surprised when they came off after about 50 mins or so
and we had to extend our set to cover. They said they couldn't have played much more anyway and that was when I realised that Oasis
didn't have that many good songs to listen to...

I love the first two Oasis albums! Irrelevant after that though. Noel is actually quite a sound guy, always interesting to listen to. Liam on the other hand is a second rate Ian Brown wannabe. Definitely agree he'd be in prison if not in a band.

Edited by 40hz

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1424103120' post='2692637']
Anyone on here wrote a good two hours of original material liked by hundreds of thousands of people!?
[/quote]

No, obviously not. We're all of us just a washed-up bunch of miserable, embittered. talentless sh!tehawks and deep down we all know it, and the success of the likes of Oasis just highlights our mutual monumental uselessness. It's almost unbearable. [i]Unbearable[/i], I tells ya.

Popularity and £££££ are obviously the only yardsticks that actually matter. Oh, and hard drugs & chicks too. :)

J.

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1424106501' post='2692688']
It's reasonable pop music. Job done, it made them rich?
[/quote]

I'd take it. When a single reasonably successful hit from the 80's still makes the writer
£20k a year in royalties, that puts Noel G's output into perspective.

I really liked the first few Kiaser Chief hits, personally I was never an Oasis fan (purely Liam and to a lesser extent Noel's attitude) but I can see why people liked them, I have to admit I have mellowed to Noel a bit more nowadays and he does say some very interesting things, Liam is still a prize cock through!

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1424106423' post='2692684']
No, obviously not. We're all of us just a washed-up bunch of miserable, embittered. talentless sh!tehawks and deep down we all know it, and the success of the likes of Oasis just highlights our mutual monumental uselessness. It's almost unbearable. [i]Unbearable[/i], I tells ya.

Popularity and £££££ are obviously the only yardsticks that actually matter. Oh, and hard drugs & chicks too. :)

J.
[/quote]ha ha, class. With ya on the hard drugs and chicks bit although soft drugs are fine too! ;)

Edited by Lord Sausage

I started getting into techno, house and acid jazz when Oasis et al were popular. I hated all those bands. To me they wrre insipid and as bland as could be...very right on i suppose in the way they recycled so much material from before.

All those bands pretty much killed off British guitar music for me.

Noel's just got a big gob and has to say something a bit off to get headlines when his new record is coming out....suppose it might be used for a cure for insomnia

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1424103120' post='2692637']
Anyone on here wrote a good two hours of original material liked by hundreds of thousands of people!?
[/quote]

Not me, for sure. But what's your point exactly?

Do I need to be able to produce something awesome in order to add weight to my opinion that Oasis mostly sound like generic drivel to me? I do like a couple of songs, maybe three... But I never play them as I can't stand the Whiney One.

[quote name='Nicko' timestamp='1424079891' post='2692200']

I saw them live when they supported Green Day and they were OK as a show, but their music kinda sucks. I think Simon Rix plays some pretty good lines but I still dont want to listed to them.
[/quote]

I saw them support Green Day as well and I found them overall just boring.

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1424191456' post='2693669']
Last I heard, Ricky was having to make some extra money on the side providing a voice for those in-car Sat-navs...

[size=2](..."I predict a right, I predict a right.")...[/size]

[size=2].../gets coat[/size]
[/quote]

Surely not. Wouldn't want to drop off listening to the directions :)

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1424193321' post='2693698']
Oasis are probably the most over-rated band of all time so I couldn't care less what Noel Gallagher says. (i'm not a Kaiser Chiefs fan either, but being in Oasis doesn't give him the right to look down on everyone else.... you were total balls Noel)
[/quote]

Surely he has the right to criticise others' music, just as you've just criticised his?

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2693698"][/url]The Badderer, on 17 February 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

Oasis are probably the most over-rated band of all time so I couldn't care less what Noel Gallagher says. (i'm not a Kaiser Chiefs fan either, but being in Oasis doesn't give him the right to look down on everyone else.... you were total balls Noel)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Surely he has the right to criticise others' music, just as you've just criticised his?[/font][/color]

[/quote]

(In the interests of making sure this comes across the right way, I am making this point in a friendly encouraging tone, not a critical aggressive tone.... just wanted to make sure you don't think i'm having a go)
Absolutely he does. I am entitled to disregard his opinion in the same way that i'm sure he'd disagree with mine, it's the beauty of freedom of speech. There are also consequences to stating your point of view openly, so I'm free to say how over-rated Oasis were, and he's entitled to criticise the Kaiser Chiefs and say there aren't enough drugs that you can take to make their music enjoyable. People are then free to comment on both our opinions and agree or disagree, the consequence of stating such an arrogantly opinionated point of view as his, is that people will probably respond in the same way.