Why become a member? ×

Noel on Kaiser Chiefs

Nicko

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1424345318' post='2695316']
So after 2 pages we've all learned that some people, to varying degrees, like the Kaiser Chiefs and some don't. And the same for Oasis. I can sleep soundly tonight in that knowledge.
[/quote]
God bless the internet! :lol:

So - we've managed to get 2 full pages from the opinion of some bloke out of a band that split up 6 years ago, about another band which had a couple of hits 9 or 10 years ago.

Fingers on the pulse, and balancing skilfully on the ragged, bleeding edge, us lot. :)

J.

Oasis are stil current in the sense that I can't get through a single gig without one drunken chavvy bloke agressively demanding them all night, or host one open mic without one guy pretending to be them. :-/
Drives me nuts, which is why I finally 'relented' and arranged a completely different 'rock' version of the most requested song 'wonderwall' just to shut them up and to date a sense of mischief ;)
(Which I demo'd up on GarageBand on my iPad if anyone's interested)
https://soundcloud.com/gafbass02/wonderwall-rock-ipad-demo

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1424421862' post='2696066']
Oasis are stil current in the sense that I can't get through a single gig without one drunken chavvy bloke agressively demanding them all night, or host one open mic without one guy pretending to be them. :-/
Drives me nuts, which is why I finally 'relented' and arranged a completely different 'rock' version of the most requested song 'wonderwall' just to shut them up and to date a sense of mischief ;)
[url="https://soundcloud.com/gafbass02/wonderwall-rock-ipad-demo"]https://soundcloud.c...-rock-ipad-demo[/url]
[/quote]

Nice!

I prefer it to the original!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1424345318' post='2695316']
So after 2 pages we've all learned that some people, to varying degrees, like the Kaiser Chiefs and some don't. And the same for Oasis. I can sleep soundly tonight in that knowledge.
[/quote]

How can you sleep knowing that at least some of those people - if not all of them - are WRONG?!?

[url="https://soundcloud.com/gafbass02/wonderwall-rock-ipad-demo"]https://soundcloud.c...-rock-ipad-demo[/url]
[/quote]nice arrangement, but in a way it goes to prove that the melody line is the main part of this and most songs

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1424193321' post='2693698']
Oasis are probably the most over-rated band of all time so I couldn't care less what Noel Gallagher says. (i'm not a Kaiser Chiefs fan either, but being in Oasis doesn't give him the right to look down on everyone else.... you were total balls Noel)
[/quote]I would say there are a lot more over rated bands than Oasis. I can think of Wham. Just to have had them in the charts and still allowed airtime baffles me
I liked the first 2 albums. Wonderwall is a classic in my opinion. It is one song that i think will stand the test of time. Maybe classless to critisice another band, but it is probably good for Kaiser Chiefs, just on a smaller scale to Beck.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1424427734' post='2696139']
How can you sleep knowing that at least some of those people - if not all of them - are WRONG?!?
[/quote]

Same way I do with all those millions that believe in God. It's their life, let 'em get on with it. ;)

[/quote]

I kept suggesting to my old covers band that we do "Cum on feel the noize" as Oasis covered it (mind you, not the bloody awful Oasis cover version, do a decent cover of the original).