Why become a member? ×

New Fenders for 2015, inc. USA Geddy Lee..

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1421333129' post='2660000']
The pearloid guard on the Geddy is sooooo tacky, IMO.
[/quote]

Maybe... but at least it ensures my lightning fast licks can be executed with speed and accuracy. B)

Which the proof-reader could have done with! <_<

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1421335533' post='2660051']
That surf green Jazzmaster is pretty damn sexy.
[/quote]

Maybe they've got their pictures mixed up, but it looks more like Sonic or Daphne Blue to my eyes...

[url="http://www.dawsons.co.uk/fender-classic-series-60s-jazzmaster-lacquer-guitar-surf-green"]http://www.dawsons.co.uk/fender-classic-series-60s-jazzmaster-lacquer-guitar-surf-green[/url]

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1421334426' post='2660031']
Information is thin on the ground at what particular benefits this particular African hardwood offers.....

Cheaper to source and more profitable?
[/quote]

[size=5][b]Uses[/b]
[color=#000000][b]Okoumé is one of the best timber species for plywood[/b]. It is a major commercial timber in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, representing more than 60% of timber production, while it is of lesser importance in Congo. It is made into blockboard, particle board and veneer, and is widely used in boat building for decorative interior panelling and for exterior applications. The wood is also suitable for light interior construction, carpentry, furniture, sports equipment, cigar boxes and packing cases. Logs are traditionally used to make canoes. The wood can be used as firewood and is suitable for the production of pulp for papermaking.[/color]
[color=#000000]Bark resin is used for torches and oil lamps in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, and also for cosmetic applications in skin care products and nail polish. It is also applied to treat superficial wounds and abscesses, and as a water disinfectant. [b]The astringent bark is used to treat diarrhoea[/b].[/color][/size]

[size=5][color=#000000]So Fender are back to making Japcrap?![/color][/size]

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1421345051' post='2660228']
^ shocking choice of finish too, "wow, now I can see where the woods join on the body!".
[/quote]

It's so 'side seaming' looks like a luxury feature on the more expensive models like American Vintage and custom shop lol

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1421346063' post='2660240']

[size=5][b]Uses[/b]
[color=#000000]. [b]The astringent bark is used to treat diarrhoea[/b].[/color][/size]
[/quote]
[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1421348119' post='2660270']

It's so 'side seaming' looks like a luxury feature on the more expensive models like American Vintage and custom shop lol
[/quote]

I've worked it out, it's a detachable feature in case you've got the runs during your gig.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1421345822' post='2660236']
It doesn't matter really does it? Fender have been releasing awful new models every year for as long as I can remember, no one takes any notice providing they keep making 3tsb Jazz basses and Oly white P basses they will shift more units than everyone else and at the same time probably get into more debt :D
[/quote]

Agree 100% (he says, with a sunburst Jazz and a white Precision within arm's length!)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1421342418' post='2660184']
I mean... seriously, Fender?

This looked dated when you did it for Victor Bailey ten years ago. Now it just looks like an anachronism.

Honestly, they're losing the plot.
[/quote]

It's awful isn't it, just awful. Looks like a DIY strip and stain job on a not very nice bit of wood originally covered by a damn good solid colour finish. Really think they may finally have lost direction completely?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1421342418' post='2660184']
I mean... seriously, Fender?

This looked dated when you did it for Victor Bailey ten years ago. Now it just looks like an anachronism.

Honestly, they're losing the plot.
[/quote] that body wood matching is odd. is that a 2 piece body that is cut unequally.?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1421352446' post='2660338']
It's awful isn't it, just awful. Looks like a DIY strip and stain job on a not very nice bit of wood originally covered by a damn good solid colour finish. Really think they may finally have lost direction completely?
[/quote]

And that's the one they thought was good enough to have photographed. I wonder what the actual ones in the shops will look like?