Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Howdenspur

Lozz196

Delighted to be the first to add a feedback thread for Rod.

I bought his Danelectro Longhorn bass in the easiest of transactions. Lovely fellow to deal with, friendly, good comms, kept me informed all the time of what was happening. Bass arrived packed to withstand a nuclear attack in a good hardcase and well boxed and packaged. Bass is actually better than I could have imagined.

The whole process was a pleasure and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

Thanks Rod.

• 4 weeks later...

More than happy to add feedback for Rod

He purchased my 2010 Thunderbird from me and the transaction was as easy as could be - excellent communication between us, confirmation re times/meet up location etc.and a good chat over a soft drink re all things bass!

Would happily deal with Rod again- especially to buy back my Thunderbird in the future!

Many thanks Rod.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just sold a custom build Thunderbird to Rod in a deal that was not without its complications...

Throughout, he was an absolute gent and very understanding and patient whilst I worked out the best and safest way to get the bass to him.

We finally managed to get it all sorted today and I've got to say that it all went very smoothly in the end.

So, I'm happy to highly recommend Rod to one and all here on Basschat; great bloke, excellent comms and he has excellent taste in basses! 😁

Thanks for your patience Rod and I hope you enjoy the bass - it's a very good one! 

Nik

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rod bought a combo which arrived damaged despite my best packing efforts. He reacted calmly and intelligently, arranged for local repair at his end and kept me informed at every stage.

I can't recommend Rod highly enough, he's a great guy, a great basschatter and is not only a gentleman and a scholar but quite possibly an acrobat, too...

Thanks for everything Rod, very much appreciate you making the best of what could have been a very tedious ordeal with great good humour, care and goodwill. I hope you enjoy the amp.

Needless to say you can deal with Rod in complete and total confidence. Highly recommended. :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Almost 4 years after I sold a custom T-Bird bass to Rod, aka @howdenspur, we've just met up again this week (during his and Mrs Howdenspur's holiday in St Ives, Cambs) to do another deal... 

.. A trade in fact, with my Maya Stealth bass going in Rod's direction and the custom T-Bird coming back my way. 

As is customary in these situatuons, we had a great chat over a pint about all things bass (and a few other important things too) and somehow managed to laugh off being asked to 'play a few tunes' by some geezer who wandered over to find what we were doing playing instruments with headphones on whilst sat in the bar! 😁

So, it was great to meet up with Rod again, and to be reunited with the T-Bird, and even better to meet Mrs Howdenspur for the first time too! 

As has already been said many times in this thread, Rod is a great person to deal with and a brilliant Basschatter! 

Hope you enjoy the bass Rod, and here's to the next time!! 😂

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...