Why become a member? ×

Equipment choice

Kevin Dean

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1415563488' post='2601520']
If you were in a regular Pub/club gigging band & wanted the best transportable rig you could get & didn't want the hassel of external pedals, just plug in & play what would you get ?
[/quote]

Everything is a compromise, it is just how far will you go..
For a lightweight pub rig, I'd start with a TH500 and 2 CN112 cabs.

Having said that..I would trump that with a DB750 rig if I could be bothered to
get it to the pub date.. and often I do..!!

Genz 9.0 and barefaced super compact.

Can get a lot of sounds out of the controls on the genz, along with plug and play ability once the gain is set.
And the barefaced is so light you don't need to think and gives more volume than you'll ever need in those kind of environments.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1415568972' post='2601614']
Are they any good? I've been using a fender one in my neverending quest to carry around less gear, but it's not great on low B.
[/quote]

Can sometimes be iffy on low B depending on where and how it's fitted to the headstock.
If I can't tune the low B directly, I just tune it from an octave harmonic at the twelfth fret. Seems to work OK.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1415563488' post='2601520']
If you were in a regular Pub/club gigging band & wanted the best transportable rig you could get & didn't want the hassel of external pedals, just plug in & play what would you get ?
[/quote]

I already got it.

A Lull PJ5 into a TH500 into a Berg CN212, and sometimes a Thunderfunk 750 into a Berg 112 and 212.

Aguilar Tonehammer and a Barefaced Super12T. Already got the cab, picking the amp up later. I would have said my Markbass CMD121P combo & NY121 cab but I need a pedal (Tech21 VT DI) to get the sound I want, whereas the Tonehammer does all I want on its own (tried one at SE Bash, awesome amps).

[quote name='Leslie77s' timestamp='1415563835' post='2601523']
I am and I want the Tonehammer 500 and 2x TKS S112 cabs. I'm sick of carrying heavy valve gear and will be buying the afore mentioned in the new year. Take one or 2 cabs as required
[/quote]

My two S112 and LM3 are perfect for this. Use one or two cabs as required with a clip on tuner for an easy load in/out.