Why become a member? ×

Equipment choice

Kevin Dean

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1415645767' post='2602368']

My two S112 and LM3 are perfect for this. Use one or two cabs as required with a clip on tuner for an easy load in/out.
[/quote]

+1

At the moment I have an Aguilar DB112NT with a LMIII and I haven't found a gig it won't do (that doesn't offer substantial PA support!). I've ordered a TKS S112 without a tweeter and will likely move the Aguilar on and add another S112 and that'll be my setup.

Lightweight, reliable and capable of all the gigs I'll ever need it for. Sorted!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1415563880' post='2601524']
A G-K MB500 Fusion and a Schroeder 1212L. Done.
[/quote]
This. Or a Streamliner instead of the Fusion. Or a 1515L instead of the 1212L. Or a Compact instead of either. Or a BB2. Any of these will keep up with a rock/loud drummer.

Small amp, single light cab. Done.

A GK MB series head and GK neo cabs of any variation (I run an rb1001 and a 212 and 115), but personally if run a small board with a tuner and sansamp vt bass deluxe. It has 6 programmable settings, so you have your gk for a great clean tone, and then can add varying degrees of svt tone as required.