Why become a member? ×

Canadian Rock

Bilbo

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404331876' post='2491720']
a bit too much wilderness and wildlife[/quote]
No such thing :)
I yearn for a Canadian holiday, will do it some day when I have the shekels. My brother has been there several times, and says it's the most amazing place on earth. Despite Celine Dion :lol:

ps. Barenaked Ladies (can't believe nobody's mentioned them yet)

Edited by UglyDog

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1404299681' post='2491244']
I was just reading the Allanah Myles thread and it occured to me how much I have always loved so much of the Rock music that come out of Canada; Rush, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, Max Webster, Kim Mitchell, Bachman–Turner Overdrive, Alanis Morrissette, Avril Lavigne, Bruce Cockburn, April Wine, Pat Travers, FM, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Bryan Adams.... not the sort of stuff I listen to any more but the quality was always great.

Go Canada!
[/quote]

I agree with this so much, that me and some mates formed a band called Songs By Canadians a few years ago, playing all original compositions. Here's a link...... [url="https://myspace.com/songsbycanadians/music/songs"]https://myspace.com/...ans/music/songs[/url]
None of us were/are Canadian and none of us have been there either!

Edited by Bassnut62

All this talk of Canadian rock & no mention yet of Voivod, OK, so they're more "metal" but they have had their "rock" moments, from albums like "Angel Rat" & "The Outer Limits" to the later albums with a certain Mr Jason Newstead on bass (Voivod, Katorz & Infini).

Superb band IMO.

RIP Denis "Piggy" D'Amour.

Do you remember when Little Mountain Studios in Vancouver was the place to record for all kinds of hard rock acts?

In the late 1980's/ early 1990's everyone who somebody was queueing up to record there. Bon Jovi, Aerosmith AC/DC , The Cult ect. Bruce Farbairn is sadly no longer with us, but Bob Rock is still one of the hottest ( and most expensive) record producers in the world.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404490963' post='2493196']
Do you remember when Little Mountain Studios in Vancouver was the place to record for all kinds of hard rock acts?

In the late 1980's/ early 1990's everyone who somebody was queueing up to record there. Bon Jovi, Aerosmith AC/DC , The Cult ect. Bruce Farbairn is sadly no longer with us, but Bob Rock is still one of the hottest ( and most expensive) record producers in the world.
[/quote]I remember it being popular then, David Lee Roth was cutting "a little aint enough" there, that part of vancouver was supposedly host to some of the finest strippers in the continent. Vancouver also was popular for filming 90, s television shows I think it was cheaper, I seem to remember X files being one of the standout shows amongst them

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1404746353' post='2495332']
No one has mentioned Three Days Grace who, after 10 years and 4 albums, will finally be playing their first uk show in september this year.

I was so happy when I found out/got tickets that I almost cart wheeled my way to London!
[/quote]

No way! They were supposed to be one of the support bands for Seether when I saw them in Manchester way back in 2006, but the gig was postponed and their slot was replaced by the equally awesome (and Canadian) Art of Dying. Also, 3DG have actually been around since '97 so I would make that 17 years at the time of writing. I'd also like to add Alexisonfire and Simple Plan to the mix.

Edited by EdwardHimself