Why become a member? ×

Stunning? Rough as a badgers ***e

Truly stunning! Bespoke! Evaluated by a veteran bassist!
Really crap work IMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-guitar-bespoke-4-string-fretless-electric-with-fitted-case-STUNNING-/121369376416?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c422db6a0

Whaddya reckon?

At a distance it looks quite good, but close up the edges are really rough aren't they? The bevels on the edge isn't straight, the base is not rounded, the neck / headstock is pretty poor and they I could probably get a closer attempt at that electronics cover (and I am sh*t at that sort of thing).

If I made it myself I would be impressed (see aforementioned sh*t), but I wouldn't describe it as stunning.

-

And I wouldn't value it anywhere near a grand!

Edited by Woodinblack

I suppose it's a fairly respectable DIY effort from someone who's clearly not a luthier, but expecting to get more than a hundred quid or so for that is ludicrous.

Funny how you can always spot the home-made jobs, there's always something sort of wonky about the body & headstock shapes.

Jon.

Oh dear. That asking price is truly amazing. I'm almost tempted to offer £100 and see if he accepts and it is a silly buy it now price for a reason....but I am scared it could end with me owning it!

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1403737420' post='2485902']
Funny how you can always spot the home-made jobs, there's always something sort of wonky about the body & headstock shapes.
[/quote]

There seems something not quite right about the body shape. I'm not sure if that's simply that I'm so familiar with P basses that something that has a shape which is similar but a little different looks wrong (in this case, the lower bout is narrower than the horns, while on a P it's wider, so a P looks like it's got a fatter arse), or whether it's simply that it's not quite right.