Why become a member? ×

GAK

pqs

Just lie to say thanks to Mick at GAK. I had a problem with my cab that I bought just before Christmas.
They sent a courier (who rang to tell me what time they would call) last Thursday repaired it and sent it back by courier yesterday (Thursday) no questions asked.
Thanks for great service.
Pete

[quote name='mark_random' timestamp='1394185145' post='2388771']
Hi Pete. Mark from GAK here.

Thanks so much for this. Always nice to get some good feedback!
[/quote]

Mark,

When I go to the GAK website the site offers "free postage over £99". However, put in an address in Scotland and you get told "you need to spend £299 for free shipping to Scotland" and instead offers you postage at £13.39...

This crazy policy cost you a sale last week. I've never encountered a company that treats Scotland differently to the rest of the UK. Is there a reason for it?

Edited by uncle psychosis

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1394187018' post='2388814']
Mark,

When I go to the GAK website the site offers "free postage over £99". However, put in an address in Scotland and you get told "you need to spend £299 for free shipping to Scotland" and instead offers you postage at £13.39...

This crazy policy cost you a sale last week. I've never encountered a company that treats Scotland differently to the rest of the UK. Is there a reason for it?
[/quote]

I've met lots of them although usually it only applies if you get north of the central belt. Most of the couriers charge quite a hefty premium for deliveries in that area.

Steve

[quote name='oggiesnr' timestamp='1394188657' post='2388854']
I've met lots of them although usually it only applies if you get north of the central belt. Most of the couriers charge quite a hefty premium for deliveries in that area.

Steve
[/quote]

Highlands and Islands I can (just about) understand. But charging £13.39 for delivery to Edinburgh or Glasgow is mental.

All my dealings with GAK have been great but on a couple of occasions I (like uncle psychosis) have chosen not to buy from GAK as a result of the online content. It's a shame that the guys who do the YouTube videos never do a decent product demonstration. It's either 4 mins of talking and 20 secs of a bass line (always fingerstyle!) or just playing that doesn't really show off the instrument. They were the first ones to have a video demo of the Nate Mendel up online and (I clearly bought it eventually) I just couldn't get the info I needed from the video to put my faith in purchasing it from them online. The demonstration didn't even feature pick playing which Nate is known for!

Edited by skej21

[quote name='pqs' timestamp='1394177057' post='2388660']
Just lie to say thanks to Mick at GAK. I had a problem with my cab that I bought just before Christmas.
They sent a courier (who rang to tell me what time they would call) last Thursday repaired it and sent it back by courier yesterday (Thursday) no questions asked.
Thanks for great service.
Pete
[/quote]

Great service from GAK :)

John

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1394187018' post='2388814']
Mark,

[/quote]

Hi. I'm looking in to this for you now. I don't actually deal with sales so I'm not sure why this is. I'll get back to you with an answer ASAP. As far as I was aware delivery to mainland UK is free over £99 so this may be a bug on the site. I'll try and get back to you today on this one.

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1394190455' post='2388892']
All my dealings with GAK have been great but on a couple of occasions I (like uncle psychosis) have chosen not to buy from GAK as a result of the online content. It's a shame that the guys who do the YouTube videos never do a decent product demonstration. It's either 4 mins of talking and 20 secs of a bass line (always fingerstyle!) or just playing that doesn't really show off the instrument. They were the first ones to have a video demo of the Nate Mendel up online and (I clearly bought it eventually) I just couldn't get the info I needed from the video to put my faith in purchasing it from them online. The demonstration didn't even feature pick playing which Nate is known for!
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback on this. I'm sorry that some of our demo videos aren't to your taste. As it stands, we just have one guy who does our bass demo videos and he is predominantly a fingerstyle player and demos basses as such. As we do more video, we'll definitely look to expand how many guys you see demoing the gear so you get a wider variety of playing and opinion. I might even get stuck in to some demos, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

In all seriousness, we've only been doing video demos for the last year or so and any feedback is appreciated. If you ever need more info than you're getting from the video content feel free to drop me a PM or an email at [email protected] and I'll be happy to help you out.

[quote name='mark_random' timestamp='1394203595' post='2389136']
Thanks for the feedback on this. I'm sorry that some of our demo videos aren't to your taste. As it stands, we just have one guy who does our bass demo videos and he is predominantly a fingerstyle player and demos basses as such. As we do more video, we'll definitely look to expand how many guys you see demoing the gear so you get a wider variety of playing and opinion. I might even get stuck in to some demos, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

In all seriousness, we've only been doing video demos for the last year or so and any feedback is appreciated. If you ever need more info than you're getting from the video content feel free to drop me a PM or an email at [email protected] and I'll be happy to help you out.
[/quote]
I personally really appreciate any retailer that takes the time to put demo's online...keep up the good work, you cant please everybody

[quote name='mark_random' timestamp='1394203595' post='2389136']
[/quote]
I've bought a few things from GAK and always found the service great. I actually like the way the demo videos are done so keep 'em coming!

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1394395524' post='2391007']
hi Mark, how you getting on hunting down my left hand Gibson sg special bass?
Paul
[/quote]

Hi Paul. I've just checked with Gibson. At the moment they are not making ANY left handed guitars or basses. They still have some 2013 EB basses left handed in stock, but not any SGs. Unfortunately, I can't see this changing for a while...