Why become a member? ×

A song you have always wanted to play live......

Jazzneck

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1393060667' post='2375665']
There's one song I've always wanted to play live on stage but it hasn't happened yet.

River Deep, Mountain High.

Perhaps I will, one day........

What's yours?
[/quote]

Lol - I've been stuck playing that one for as long as I can remember! Good song though, that you can improvise on a fair bit

"White Wedding" (Billy Idol) for me - no idea why I've never been able to sell this to rest of band

Edit : Oh, and "Do what you wanna do". (T Connection) - for even longer.......

Edited by Shaggy

Deep Purple's Highway Star. I rehearsed it once, about 10 years ago, for a gig that got cancelled. It was awesome. Never got to gig it though.

Tonight though, I get to play Sir Duke for the first time live. The band is top drawer too so we'll be all over that :)

There are so many! Because I have come to this lark quite late in life, there are still so many classics I'd love to do that you guys are thoroughlly sick of...Freebird, Sweet Home, Allright Now etc.

But to just keep it to one that I actually know the bass line to, and that my band would never do, it would have to be..
Enter Sandman

:-)

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1393062334' post='2375688']
Shout - Tears For Fears!

I've never been able to convince anybody to try it in any of my bands ever. They're always worried that you can't do it without synths, but you totally can if you get creative!

Truckstop
[/quote]

We're doing the Disturbed version. No synths :lol:

Metropolis Part 1 for me (if I have to make a choice)

Edited by paulconnolly

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1393063302' post='2375703']
Deep Purple's Highway Star. I rehearsed it once, about 10 years ago, for a gig that got cancelled. It was awesome. Never got to gig it though.
[/quote]

Absolutely, learned it a few months ago and so now I've constantly got an eye out for classic rock bands in need of a bassist :D

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1393080220' post='2375953']
There are so many! Because I have come to this lark quite late in life, there are still so many classics I'd love to do that you guys are thoroughlly sick of...Freebird, Sweet Home, Allright Now etc.

But to just keep it to one that I actually know the bass line to, and that my band would never do, it would have to be..
Enter Sandman

:-)
[/quote]

We do Sandman - it always goes down a storm. Great to watch a 50+ year old audience headnbanging to it and then pogoing to Pretty Vacant at the end of the set!

Santana's 'Say it Again' and Stevie Nicks' 'Nightbird'. Neither would be right for Dr Blue , sadly. A third would be 'Cum on Feel the Noise' but we started doing that this January. Can't believe I've never done it before. I did 'Say it Again' as a solo demo on my multi tracker just to amuse myself. I'll have to content myself with that.

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1393062643' post='2375692']
.....the whole of Ziggy Stardust...
[/quote]

When I was in my old Bowie band, we did a few gigs where we did the Ziggy album from start to finish - really good to do, and some proper fans appreciating every note.

For me, I'd love to do "What is and what should never be" by Zep, "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai, "A little bit of love" by Free and Aretha's version of "The long and winding road"