Why become a member? ×

A song you have always wanted to play live......

Jazzneck

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1393063302' post='2375703']
Deep Purple's Highway Star. I rehearsed it once, about 10 years ago, for a gig that got cancelled. It was awesome. Never got to gig it though.
[/quote]

Did that song for a few years in a classic rock band , great fun

Staying on the rock theme, I've always wanted to do Ace of Spades, was supposed to gig it at a festival as our last number, but we had to cut the set short during the set (to make sure the headline band started on time)

Rehearsed it with another band (not a rock band by nature) and it absolutely rocked on the first run through, but it never worked again once, so we dropped their idea, odd how that happened.

Still want to gig it, when it works it's so much fun.

So for me ace of spades, and a 100 others ranging from pop to Americana

Re earlier suggestions - Shout - The Disturbed version is great live. Dropped the tuning to D & our guitarist had a great Lesley Speaker effect for the verses. It went down great cos everyone knows the song.

For me on a purely self-indulgent trip - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden would be the one I will always want to do.

Edited by grunge666

My last band (punk/reggae with brass) used to mess around with an arrangement of Sabbath's Iron Man in rehearsals, with trombone and trumpet playing the guitar riff and a dub accompaniment with the guitar mostly doing delay effects, pick slides and so on, and with three part vocal harmonies. It was pretty epic, but we never did it live. :(

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1393112552' post='2376418']
In my current situation (flying solo) it's always been Let's not Sh*t Ourselves by Bright Eyes. I've never found a situation where this one (9+ minutes) would be 'audience appropriate'. [/quote]

Ah go on. I've gone out on the street and busked tunes such as Max Romeo's 'Wet Dream', and Owen and Leon Silvera's classic innuendo fail 'Want Me Cock'. Never had any complaints.