Why become a member? ×

Oh, dear God. 'Phillipsing' - see what it's started?

Stacker

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fretless-Bass/111199098880?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18216%26meid%3D2278718396332558078%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8342%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D190920173151%26"]Fretless bass[/url]

OK it's not the prettiest Jazz in the world, but nothing a scratchplate wouldn't sort. The price seems fair to me, & the sellers' description is accurate.

Here we have an established member trying to get shot of some stuff (for very good reasons) & getting stick for it. Is this really on?

P.

I've been accused of hacking away at my Shine six-string, and the name of a well known ebay seller was mentioned. And it looks pretty bad at present. But if my plans come to fruition and I make a new pickguard for it, I think it'll look OK.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with modding cheap instruments.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Bloodaxe' timestamp='1382886013' post='2257545']
OK it's not the prettiest Jazz in the world, but nothing a scratchplate wouldn't sort. The price seems fair to me, & the sellers' description is accurate.

Here we have an established member trying to get shot of some stuff (for very good reasons) & getting stick for it. Is this really on?

P.
[/quote]

I agree. I've dealt with John; he's a nice guy and I don't think he deserves this sort of sniping.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1382893652' post='2257656']
I agree. I've dealt with John; he's a nice guy and I don't think he deserves this sort of sniping.
[/quote]
[i]Admin hat/off[/i]
It seems very unfair to me.
[i]Admin hat/on[/i]

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1382893652' post='2257656']

[/quote]

Completely agree. John is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with.

Any chance the thread can be locked? A long-standing member deserves better :)

Cheers fellas for the nice comments.
Its cool, I've been insulted by proffeshnuls, so a few comments on here aren't gonna hurt ......it's just people's opinions, not taken personally. :-)

It's actually a really nice playing bass, with the worst lacquering finish on the headstock in the history of lacquering, but I actually like its ugliness.

Sold too...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1382910022' post='2258005']
So it's OK to spend years laying into MDP but if it's a member we can't?

I have no real feelings either way but it seems a little unfair.
[/quote]
Given that the MDP threads have all been closed, I think someone must have decided they'd gone some way past being OK.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1382910022' post='2258005']
So it's OK to spend years laying into MDP but if it's a member we can't?

I have no real feelings either way but it seems a little unfair.
[/quote]

You obviously do have feelings about it as you said its a little "unfair" that "we" can't lay into whoever we want.
Don't really understand why anyone would want to "lay into" anyone else for advertising a bass, or a guitar,.....ffs!...it's just a bass.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1382913484' post='2258055']
Giving an opinion, even (especially..?) in jest is one thing. Insulting someone (anyone...) is another. There is a difference. B)
[/quote]
I suppose that could depend on whether you are on the giving or receiving end of the jest or insult. ;)

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1382917836' post='2258090']
I suppose that could depend on whether you are on the giving or receiving end of the jest or insult. ;)
[/quote]

Indeed, and also the objective eye of the moderators. All is well; there's no big deal here. It's simple common sense and respect of all, no more, no less. B)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1382918567' post='2258095']
Indeed, and also the objective eye of the moderators. All is well; there's no big deal here. It's simple common sense and respect of all, no more, no less. B)
[/quote]
Yes absolutely, and respect should be shown to everyone whether they are members on here or not. :)

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1382913953' post='2258060']
You obviously do have feelings about it as you said its a little "unfair" that "we" can't lay into whoever we want.
Don't really understand why anyone would want to "lay into" anyone else for advertising a bass, or a guitar,.....ffs!...it's just a bass.
[/quote] Agreed it is just a bass and that is my point that I don't like the bass and my comment was in no way a personal attack on your self mate so I am sorry if my comment caused offence It was not intended too :) I don't really know why this topic got so "heated" really anyway the bass is sold now yay :) All the best :)