Why become a member? ×

Things to say at mic sound checks...

witterth

I Know we all do the usual 1....2... etc.... and the comedic genius always impresses his mates by yelling "THREE FOUR!!!" back
( did you hear what I said then great mates??!? aren't I bloody great at comedy, great mates?? , GOD I'm so FUNNY!!)
so Ballarks to him
I was thinking of suggestions along the lines of summat an old mate used to do, thusly
" Mary had a little Lamb
she also had
a Duck
she put them on the mantlepiece to see if they would,
Fff...fall off"
this used to make me smile

Now, I'm aware this is not lenny bruce or bill hicks standard of cutting edge comedy, but the sound engineer, as was ( he was a good one) used to say for a quick line check, it was long enough, and had enough sibilant words for EQing.( if you said Boom Boom on the end)
so any other suggestions for that type of thing that will shut up the "gig git" ?
(even for a second)
Heckler put downs will do, as well mine are really too old
(Eg "good evening ladies,... did you come together?...........I'd like to have seen that"..... brum tish)
see what I mean?TOO OLD!!
help me out here
W

My guitarist has a habit of saying "yes" repeatedly in a series of changing funny voices. My old drummer stole the show by speaking backwards into the mic and then suggesting that the sound engineer had plugged it in wrong - bless her, she checked!