Why become a member? ×

Rush.....Manchester......Wednesday 22nd May

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1369122772' post='2084968']
cant bloody afford it !! :lol:
[/quote]

+1 :(

Saw the S&L tour though. But I think the CA album is phenomenal.

Edited by ead

Could afford it but not prepared to pay it, got to draw a line somewhere just like I do with music gear or anything else. CA still hasn't really gelled with me either and if they give it the sort of promotion that they did with S&A then I'd probably find myself looking at my watch a bit too often during the gig. Probably see the inevitable tour DVD at some point, think it is due out before end of this year.

*rolls out stock answer*

I'm giving it a miss too.

IMO, CA was a non-event, musically speaking.

The tickets are too expensive.

The [i]spoiler alert - highlight to read:[/i] [color=#ffffff]addition of the string section[/color] is pure cheese.

The animations are getting tedious. I find myself watching them more than the band.

Alex's guitar tone is hopeless.

Despite all this, I still love 'em.

That's the power of Rush for ya.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1369146959' post='2085426']
Too expensive. And Geddy has lost all the top end in his voice if the dvd of Time machine is anything too go by.

An WOT, are you serious re the highlight bit of your post????
[/quote]

Serious as 'it is it really happening?', or serious as in 'do you really not like it?'...

...I really don't like it.

Can't afford it now, but booked my tickets for the O2 last June when I still could....

Can't wait to hear reports back from the Manchester show - the setlist from the tour so far looks excellent IMHO. Here's a couple -

[url="http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2013/amway-center-orlando-fl-23d81c23.html"]http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2013/amway-center-orlando-fl-23d81c23.html[/url]

[url="http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2013/pnc-arena-raleigh-nc-63d80e07.html"]http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2013/pnc-arena-raleigh-nc-63d80e07.html[/url]

I'm going to the Glasgow gig. Haven't seen them in a few yrs but I'm not a huge fan of Clockwork Angels. Preferred S&A.

Sound has changed and Geddy doesn't have that clear cut bass sound.

I still like them and have been a fan since 76 - have all their albums too.
This will probably be last time i go. Think tickets are getting a bit pricey too.

Dave

I really cant afford it and agree that the prices are getting silly

Not really got in to the albums since Moving Pictures

But I am so revved to see them again. I thought the last tour was very entertaining and lets be honest they cant keep going with these world tours forever can they.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1369147509' post='2085438']
Serious as 'it is it really happening?', or serious as in 'do you really not like it?'...

...I really don't like it.
[/quote]

It was serious as in "is it really happening?"

Aw naw, Rush go cabaret! :(

I have not missed Rush in the UK since the Signals tour and have been an avid fan since 1980.....but something strange has come over me with regard to them, and after some (considerable) deliberation have decided not to fork out my hard earned on this tour for the first time.

At the time machine tour a couple of years ago I had a moment of clarity and suddenly realized, about mid way through, that I was really bored hearing the same old stuff yet again...and that the new material just is not my cup of tea at all. I also found the video footage featuring the band throughout to be only "mildly amusing" at best whereas others around me were splitting their sides. It's probably just me!.

Anyway, that aside, good luck to Rush on the tour and I hope all of the basschatters that will be attending a great gig.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1369170889' post='2085894']
I have not missed Rush in the UK since the Signals tour and have been an avid fan since 1980.....but something strange has come over me with regard to them, and after some (considerable) deliberation have decided not to fork out my hard earned on this tour for the first time.

At the time machine tour a couple of years ago I had a moment of clarity and suddenly realized, about mid way through, that I was really bored hearing the same old stuff yet again...and that the new material just is not my cup of tea at all. I also found the video footage featuring the band throughout to be only "mildly amusing" at best whereas others around me were splitting their sides. It's probably just me!.

Anyway, that aside, good luck to Rush on the tour and I hope all of the basschatters that will be attending a great gig.
[/quote]

^^ this is broadly my experience.

The new stuff is just pretty dull, generic and unmelodic. I wish they'd be themselves and stop trying to sound like other bands.

And I know NP isn't a groover, but he used to swing a bit. Now he just sounds leaden.