Why become a member? ×

You (Generally) lovely people.

douggie

Excellent! B)

Now all we need is for Geddy Lee to join up too! :D

BTW, has the original thread been deleted? I would have been interested to see the conclusion to it...

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1367912185' post='2070801']
Guy, I'd just like to say that I think you have handled this whole episode, which I read from start to finish, with dignity and restraint. It speaks volumes about the type of person you are. Much respect.
[/quote]
Yes, absolutely.

[quote name='deaky' timestamp='1367880616' post='2070683']
Cool

When you were playing bass for Bryan Ferry on Dylanesque what rig and bass did you use?
[/quote]

That was good...imagine it was an old Ampeg B type thing..??
With Andy Newmark... great guy.

[quote name='douggie' timestamp='1367834147' post='2069875']
Hi All

Just wanted to drop a line to say I do like popping in here and generally have the cockles of my heart warmed by the kind and respectful things most people have to say to and about me, which is why I'm generally glad to answer questions and give advice, (Usually just on what gear for what song for your Floyd tribute band, so, easily done..) By and large we bass players are a lovely lot.

it would be ridiculous to expect there not to be folk who don't like me, and I often respect the opinions expressed, (even I don't like me sometimes..)Although, I would say to anyone who thinks that they're being witty by using my surname as an insult against me, you're really not.

I think I was well within my rights to kick off at having my actual character questioned to the point of slander though (And by a moderator..Oh the irony....)

But onwards and upwards, all water under the bridge.

Cheers

Guy
[/quote]
Guy who?

That reads like I should already know you or something?

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1367922557' post='2070973']
Are you just trolling? :blink:
[/quote]
Nope

It's an intro thread that reads like I should already know who the geezer is.
I'm not psychic.....

Having read a bit more of the thread it seems others do know him but I can't work out how they could work that out from the opening post.

Meh

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1367923006' post='2070980']
Nope

I'm not psychic.....

Having read a bit more of the thread it seems others do know him but I can't work out how they could work that out from the opening post.

Meh
[/quote]

There was a big thread over the weekend that he was involved in, a lot of us missed it (me included) but apparently it was spectacular. Seems reasonable to expect a few people to know you after such an occurence.
You were probably out in the sunshine enjoying yourself like I was TM.
:)
Hi Guy btw

Nope

I'm not psychic.....[/quote]

Fair enough. I can see where you are coming from now... :)

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1367926072' post='2071034']
There's a short report about it on The One Show tonight.
[/quote]

Dom Littlewood is leading the investigation, I hear.

Don't get done, get Dom.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1367927180' post='2071053']
Dom Littlewood is leading the investigation, I hear.

Don't get done, get Dom.
[/quote]

Is that because people don't con Dom? So cowboy builders is responsible for young pregnancies?

For myself, I would take issue with the term '[i]spectacular[/i]', reserving such nomenclature for planes crashing into skyscrapers, Zombie Apocalyses, Japanese tsunami nuclear meltdowns, that sort of thing. Disagreeable but [i]eye-catching[/i].

My contention is supported by two inarguable facts:

* Forum member and current events bellwether Twigman remained wholly unaware of developments

* There was absolutely no mention of the debacle on the national news. It has instead been relegated to the 'One Show', where it will no doubt sit between an interview with a coke-sozzled soap-opera starlet intent on touting her ghastly 'autobiography' and a characteristically handwringing BBC report on canine obesity.

Frankly, I would have expected the protagonists to have arranged a dawn meeting with duelling pistols on Calais sands. That they have not is entirely disgraceful.

I demand a refund.

PS: Welcome to the forum, Guy :)

Edited by skankdelvar

Wow, welcome aboard Guy. I hope you keep posting.

I saw your masterclass at the Mansons guitar show a few years ago. It was a real inspiration. A few of us caught up with you afterwards at the Mansons stand. I bought your book which is great and highly recommended. There is a picture of me on here somewhere playing Betsy. I regret not going to your standup that night in Exeter and will be keeping an eye out for another one of your gigs. I'm another big Floyd fan who's pleased to be able to share the same platform as one of my peers.

Hi, well done for sticking around. This place will delight you and frustrate you in equal and sometimes unequal measure. It does me anyhow

Kind of like my wife really. Tho why would my wife be delighting you? I think you me an explanation good sir.

And possibly child maintenance.

I am undone

Welcome aboard matey, I have a horrible feeling that you may get inundated with techie questions :unsure:

So I'll ask an easy one; I was a big fan of Icehouse and seem to recall you joined Iva and the gang in time for the Primitive Man tour, what was your main weapon of choice for the tour? I seem to have a memory of you playing an Aria Pro or am I mistaken?

Nope

I'm not psychic.....

Meh
[/quote]

Look beside the thread title, where the tag says "Guy Pratt".

Guy has the honour (if you can call it that) of being the only person, other than James Herbert (gotta love these surnames) of writing a book that ive actually read all the way through since leaving school.

Ive no idea what this other thread was, although i can only imagine it was exacted in traditional BC style....again.

Welcome [s]abroad[/s] aboard Guy, it really is a bit more friendly than TB.

Haha, ok, typo fixed before any of you cleaver clogs decide to do your stand routine at my expense :-)

Edited by dave_bass5