Why become a member? ×

You (Generally) lovely people.

douggie

Hi All

Just wanted to drop a line to say I do like popping in here and generally have the cockles of my heart warmed by the kind and respectful things most people have to say to and about me, which is why I'm generally glad to answer questions and give advice, (Usually just on what gear for what song for your Floyd tribute band, so, easily done..) By and large we bass players are a lovely lot.

it would be ridiculous to expect there not to be folk who don't like me, and I often respect the opinions expressed, (even I don't like me sometimes..)Although, I would say to anyone who thinks that they're being witty by using my surname as an insult against me, you're really not.

I think I was well within my rights to kick off at having my actual character questioned to the point of slander though (And by a moderator..Oh the irony....)

But onwards and upwards, all water under the bridge.

Cheers

Guy

[quote name='douggie' timestamp='1367834147' post='2069875']
Hi All

Just wanted to drop a line to say I do like popping in here and generally have the cockles of my heart warmed by the kind and respectful things most people have to say to and about me, which is why I'm generally glad to answer questions and give advice, (Usually just on what gear for what song for your Floyd tribute band, so, easily done..) By and large we bass players are a lovely lot.

it would be ridiculous to expect there not to be folk who don't like me, and I often respect the opinions expressed, (even I don't like me sometimes..)Although, I would say to anyone who thinks that they're being witty by using my surname as an insult against me, you're really not.

I think I was well within my rights to kick off at having my actual character questioned to the point of slander though (And by a moderator..Oh the irony....)

But onwards and upwards, all water under the bridge.

Cheers

Guy
[/quote]

you could write a song out of it ? ! :gas:

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='douggie' timestamp='1367834147' post='2069875']...I'm generally glad to answer questions...[/quote]

Oh, by the way, which one's 'Pink'..? :unsure:

[i]Sorry; couldn't resist. As you were[/i]... :lol:

Glad you're going to hang around Guy. Now you need to add some pics to the 'Basses on the sofa' thread. I suspect you might need a fairly large sofa though :P

Edited by ezbass

Excellent to see you here Guy. I was rather disappointed I didn't get to see you play The Boot in Seaford last July: the place is pretty much on my doorstep and I have played there a few times.

Let the other thread die the death it deserves, I'm sorry I resurrected the damned thing lol.

Cheers

Geoff

Glad to see you sticking around, Guy!

Having enjoyed a lot of your playing over the years, it was nice to get a chance to meet you at one of your Edinburgh stand-up shows a couple of years back. We were both on the look out for news bands at that point in time, although I suspect you found work quicker than I did... :lol:

I hope this means the mess is cleared up now.

On another note, I wonder if Guy, BillyApple and me are the only bassists on here who have done some live stand up? If you think your first gig was sh*t-scary, try stand up comedy :)

Lovely to see this intro thread!! You are one top fella, and thanks to your help yesterday I am now irritating my neighbours with Octave pedals and vicious compression as I work on my Sorrow for my Pink Floyd Tribute band! :lol:

Will be seeing you In the Flesh (pun intended ;) ) as me and my bassist mate also called Deb will be popping over to Bristol in a few weeks to see your show. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again for your help.

Debs x

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1367840261' post='2070022']
I hope this means the mess is cleared up now.

On another note, I wonder if Guy, BillyApple and me are the only bassists on here who have done some live stand up? If you think your first gig was sh*t-scary, try stand up comedy :)
[/quote]

Now then, a funny thing happened to me on the way to this gig....

And there endeth my live stand-up ability.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1367840365' post='2070024']
Lovely to see this intro thread!! You are one top fella, and thanks to your help yesterday I am now irritating my neighbours with Octave pedals and vicious compression as I work on my Sorrow for my Pink Floyd Tribute band! :lol:

Will be seeing you In the Flesh (pun intended ;) ) as me and my bassist mate also called Deb will be popping over to Bristol in a few weeks to see your show. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again for your help.

Debs x
[/quote]

Now this is how Rumours start. Oh sorry, wrong band....

;)