Why become a member? ×

If you could play bass in any band...

Nibody

[quote name='bremen' timestamp='1365267854' post='2037471']
Cool...I met them years ago, on the Pop Group tour, and sold them some [removed on legal advice]
[/quote]

Christ no - then you must also have met Mark Stewart and Simon Underwood [i]et al[/i], who [removed on legal advice] and then [removed on legal advice] with a herring. Small world! :)

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1365254444' post='2037248']
I'm sure it's a given that we'd all like to play in our favourite band but, for me, the ultimate fantasy would be to have played at some of the milestone gigs. So, off the top of my head:

Woodstock - playing with Santana, The Band, The Who or Jefferson Airplane
IOW - playing with Jimi Hendrix
The Beatles at Shea - just to have been there
Queen at Live Aid
Playing to 1m+ people with the Stones in Rio
The Wall - with Roger Waters in Berlin (er, OK, we'd have to fight over the bass parts :lol: )

I think that would be enough for a decent memoir. ;)
[/quote]
Jefferson Airplane at Woodstock is a cracker, though I'd probably go with Canned Heat.

I can think of worse places to be than next to Mick Fleetwood . Stevie singing - Mr Buckingham proving yet again he's the most underated guitar hero ever..........

They wouldn't have me though - I'd want to be up front.

I expect if Noddy Holder said to Dave and Don 'Alright lads , we'll get back together but only if the gobshote from Wakey plays bass ' I might be persuaded to help him out ! Trouble is I'd have to fight Big Stu for it and I don't care for the 'Big' bit.

Are we allowed to disregard internal battles and other nuisances? As in: just playing the music live?
In case:
Chic, Gentle Giant, Jamiroquai, Japan, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Mothers of Invention, Propaganda, Scritti Politti, Tool, Yes.
... and millions of others, surely.

Edited by BassTractor