Why become a member? ×

Famous muso you'd love to play with

nobodysprefect

So, we'd all like the tons of money that comes with touring with, say, Alisha Keyes (sp?).

But, who'd we like to play with, with no expectation of pecuniary interest?

I'd like to play with Lindsey Buckingham and Carter Beauford, myself. Possibly run through Fleetwood Mac catalogue, even. If there was a blonde vocalist as well that'd be just gravy! =)

Here's 2 videos showcasing [i]why[/i] I'd like to play with them.
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0c8Q5_Lplw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0c8Q5_Lplw[/url]

Carter B. I suppose it's a question of having twisted sensibilites. To me, his drumming is just plain [i]musical.[/i] Oh, I like Old Purdie as well, make no mistake. Just, I'd really like to play with Carter B. Yes, it's not the deepest groove out there.

As for mr. Buckingham...

[url="http://youtu.be/lC4ER59o0m0"]http://youtu.be/lC4ER59o0m0[/url]

Okay, that could easily been seen as humorous. Solos from a legendary guitarist NOT known for his blazing speed? sh*t, the man can play, but doesn't let that get in the way of music! And he's got a nice sense of time as well.

Who'd you like to play with, money not being on the line?

Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes - my favourite band over the last 35 years. Every night different,
great original material and always some interesting covers thrown at you to keep you on your toes. (And a blasting horn section too.)
Others -
The Stones - know most of the stuff, and love Keith & Charlie's playing.
Chuck Berry - just to see if I could pull it off!
The E Street Band - awesome gig.

Sia, Kirk Whalum, Diana Ross, Who's Who, Wilko Johnson, Donald Fagen, Booker T Jones, The Fellowship.

Bit of a an odd mixture I suppose, but also different reasons for wanting to pay with them.

To be honest, though, I'm happy to be playing in my current, main band, ECHO, just more and better gigs - enough for us to be comfortably full time.

Yeah, Snarky Puppy would be great, that would be about as intimidating at Donald Fagan I suppose!

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1359625761' post='1957647']
Jessie J. I could play with her all day long :blush: :blush: :blush:

Don't tell the wife :unsure: :blink:
[/quote]

Her bassist is actually on here, he posted some stuff from Glastonbury last year.

I'd be happy with any one of: Katy Perry, P!nk, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepson, Professor Green or Example.

Liam

Edit: Oh, and VersaEmerge: too! Can't forget them.

Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1359626834' post='1957679']
I'm a wee bit older, & my guilty pleasure would be Elkie Brooks. Saw her live in Barnstaple a few years ago & she was exceptional.

(I might get to pluck her later........ :D )

G.
[/quote]

I know the bass player who played on her Bookbinder's Kid and Pearls III (Close to the Edge) albums.

Just shameless name dropping :)

Fairly interesting spread of choices! Not many drummers mentioned though?

As to the vocalists... Blah, I already play with 10/10 young women and believe, it's not worth it. The sense of entitlement! :D I'd say a reasonable 7 is much better - makeup and dress work wonders to satisfy the audience's need for eyecandy, and she won't have grown up to expect star treatment at a pub gig. Might even carry a microphone case from car to the venue. :P

Pat Metheny would be horrible though. I'd be stiff with apprehension and couldn't play even Have You Heard! :D

Edited by nobody's prefect

Other than having the occasional recurring dream / nightmare of standing in for Alex Lifeson (but my guitar never works), I am perfectly happy where I am.

Although I really want Kit to reach the giddy heights of success and stardom, then I'd already be in my dream band with famous muso :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1359633845' post='1957869']
Other than having the occasional recurring dream / nightmare of standing in for Alex Lifeson (but my guitar never works), I am perfectly happy where I am.[/quote]

I get that too! I feel like a total sap when I can't pick out the key the guys are playing in, and then the bass cuts out, and everybody's looking at me! :D