Why become a member? ×

Of all musicians, I envy the ...

xilddx

Anything I have desperately wanted to play, generally i can to a degree.
Would love to be virtuosic on a Piano (no time to practice, so more of a Neil young style thumper on it) and am incapable of playing anything you have to blow due to 20-something years of smoking.
So I voted higher pitched brass, as I am terribly jealous of our trumpet player.
:)

there's not really an option there that i wouldn't like to have a go at but i voted singing, i play guitar as well but the abilty to stand up and sing in front of an audience would be ace, i did it twice, solo, accapella, in front of a whole school and i've not had the guts to try again (i didn't want to sing but i had no real choice)

Matt

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1359656170' post='1958402']
Keyboards for me - especially after seeing Rod Argent play. Pulls off some amazing lines and makes it look so damn easy. Whereas every time I sit down at a keyboard I hunch over it with a maniacal look of glee in my eyes before hammering out the melody to Feed the World.
[/quote]

:D

I have just started trying to learn to play keys a little. Tommy Mars is greatly inspiring me, and I'm making a little progress with Gymnopedie 1

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1359655045' post='1958362']
I would love to be able to play the organ (inc foot pedals) though.
[/quote]

Great choice!
Here's lesson 1, from an organist and pedant twat: It's called "pedals". No hand pedals exist. :)

Me, I was inspired by the Jaws Harp option ( :) ), but voted Drummers, as drums are the complete alternative to bass and keyboards.
Have started learning a little, for the time being on Derbouka and Djembe, and the moment I feel I practise enough on bass, I'll buy an electronic drum kit and find a drum teacher.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

I've always wished desperately that I could sing. If I could hand over whatever skills I have with all the instruments I play, including Bass, and be handed the skill to just hold a tune, I would do it in a heart beat.

Actually, I'm not quite so sure anymore. Over the last four years I have come to terms with it. But still, if I could swap for the skills to be a brilliant singer, rather than just holding a tune, I'd go for it.

Sitar for me. Unfortunately I suspect I don't have enough years left to learn to play and I'm not sure that I have the mindset required to play the ragas that I love listening to.

Other than that, I play too many instruments to varying degrees of incompetence as it is.

Steve

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1359659824' post='1958473']
Great choice!
Here's lesson 1, from an organist and pedant twat: It's called "pedals". No hand pedals exist. :)
[/quote]

Good point, well made sir!