Why become a member? ×

Does anyone even look at the GIG page on Basschat?

Spoombung

I've seen Happy Jack's band (which includes MacDaddy), NIgel silddx' band, burritobass' Case Hardin, Pete Academy's Nearly Dan, discreet's Pigbag, Low End Bee's The Jetsonics, PTB's Gentleman JIm (?) and possibly others. I do try to get along whenever a BC'er is playing relatively locally to me. I'd like to see Prescott, Kev, but the dates have never worked for me (working late, rehearsing, gigging, football etc). Its not a conscious decision to ignore you :lol:

As an aside , I was in a sports car club for a fair few years and did a number of trackdays , while there was a large web forum presence of friendliness , I found that I was the only person of those that drove the marque to go and introduce myself to other owners who were there , it was bizarre , only once did someone come and introduce themselves to me in 6 years.
I suppose though , I could be the guy they all wanted to avoid and maybe my sh1t stinks , or they were sooooo embarrased at being soooo slow :rolleyes: . but still I still think it was odd.

I'm actually [i]subscribed[/i] to the gigs subforum, which means I get an email every time someone posts a new thread. That's dedication, huh? :D
And yes, I've been to quite a lot of gigs by BCers' bands. My problem is the lack of own transport, which means I have to miss a gig if it wouldn't be safe or possible for me to get back home on my own.

I do look in gigs occasionally but for the past few years I've been gigging most sat nights, and as I work during the week i am too lazy to travel too far to see a gig during the week plus I don't really like pubs.
It funny but I really want to get in to gig photography, but so far done bugger all about it. I am planing on seeing Clarky's band this year, and I'd love to see others but I will only go if I like the music anyway.
Not having transport also means I have to make more effort, and so I don't bother.

Shame on me lol.

Edited by dave_bass5

I [i]only started looking a few weeks ago on a regular basis[/i]
[i]new years resolution to see as many basschatters bands as possible[/i]
[i]saw a couple already,but am not quite sure about introducing myself,[/i]
[i]bit shy like that really[/i]

[i]cheers[/i]
[i]stef [/i]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359632484' post='1957815']
Yes! To which the reply would be, 'Yellow bunny drinks vodka...'
[/quote]
Hmmm... This could cause confusion to the ostlers amongst us. Check first that the horses are, if fact, tethered (or not, as the case may be...). The secret hand-shake should be OK, though, albeit embarrasing for the ladies...

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1359582644' post='1957168']
Basschatters: if you go to another Basschatter's gig stand up and introduce yourself. Or wear a red carnation at least.
[/quote]

Not sure how I would feel knowing that there were several other bass players in the audience... <_< :D

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1359633212' post='1957839']
Not sure how I would feel knowing that there were several other bass players in the audience... <_< :D
[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about it - they can't be any good - they're always wasting their time on here instead of practising the bass... :D

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1359633028' post='1957831']
Hmmm... This could cause confusion to the ostlers amongst us. Check first that the horses are, if fact, tethered (or not, as the case may be...). The secret hand-shake should be OK, though, albeit embarrasing for the ladies...
[/quote]

Ostlers - nice word

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1359582912' post='1957177']
I will be wearing a [s]white tuxedo [/s] leather waistcoat with [s]red carnation [/s] tattoos and will be standing [s]under the clock [/s] against the bar with a copy of [s]The Times[/s]BGM under my arm. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Fixed for you ! :lol: :P

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1359632439' post='1957811']
I do look at the gig page (which is always useful as I'm the Mod for it :lol: ) but most of the gigs are too far away from my humble abode to get to or are often at weekends when I'm generally out playing as well!
[/quote]
I'll have to start posting ours up :)

If said gig was in a pub (Which it would be) I'd be the one with a tethered horse under my arm wearing a a copy of the Sunday times....drinking erm a fiddle :huh: looking dead serious !

I would love to see some bands from here but i live in Leeds where no one ever plays & when they do I end up having my son that weekend so it usually goes wrong with the timing which is really annoying