Why become a member? ×

Does anyone even look at the GIG page on Basschat?

Spoombung

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1359643392' post='1958132']
Aaargh, the fish jokes again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Let's keep a sense of scale about this... It could be complete Pollacks. Cod knows we've been here before, but I'm a Dab hand at this. Hake of that what you will, but don't keep me Whiting...

Getting back on topic. I look at the gig section of Basschat all the time, and I've met a good number of other members at gigs where one or more of us have been playing.

Unfortunately a lot of other members bands that I'd like to see don't often play in places that are easy for me to get to, so while I've met plenty of people when they've come to see the Terrortones play, I've only made to a handful of Nottingham gigs from other members. I'm still looking forward to catching The Jetsonics, All The Queen's Ravens, Kit Richardson, and Super 8 Cynics in particular.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1359649742' post='1958236']
Let's keep a sense of scale about this... It could be complete Pollacks. Cod knows we've been here before, but I'm a Dab hand at this. Hake of that what you will, but don't keep me Whiting...
[/quote]

I did consider starting an offshoot of the fish puns theme to cover marine mammals, but thankfully realised in time that it wouldn't serve any useful porpoise.

[quote name='Earbrass' timestamp='1359673614' post='1958789']
I did consider starting an offshoot of the fish puns theme to cover marine mammals, but thankfully realised in time that it wouldn't serve any useful porpoise.
[/quote]

I'm glad. Otherwise I'd have to withdraw my seal of approval from this thread. Anything else would be otterly pointless.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1359644545' post='1958144']
I almost never look at the Gigs section. I will start.
[/quote]

Having had a look, it would help if the thread titles were a little more informative... "XYZ band on tour" doesn't tell me much, especially if I have never heard of XYZ band. Neither does "XYZ band is playing at the Copperbottom Club on 43rd December" help, if I don't know which county the Copperbottom Club is in... :)