Why become a member? ×

The ugliest bass

Fionn

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1357567031' post='1924550']
So far, I have learned that at least three of my most treasured basses are really ugly and horrible and so on.

:(
[/quote]
How do you think I feel? My very favourite Bass is my BC Rich Warlock, that I lusted after for 20 years before actually getting. I've had it for 6 months now and it still takes my breath away when I look at it. It was covered in this thread by the first reply! Poor baby, I might have to put it in its coffin case so it can't hear all the nasty men talking about it!

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1357676487' post='1926637']
i love pointy charvel s Kramer Jackson etc especially with awesome paint jobs 80s hair metal style
[/quote]

No paint jobs or 80's hair (although did in the day). Thanks for your pointy support.

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1357723773' post='1927115']
I think one of the most beautiful guitars makes the most horrible bass...the Les Paul. [/quote]

This is very true, it's funny that the scale just doesnt work does it. I think if the headstock was the larger, fanned type, like the guitars, then it would be better, but it has that slimmed, epiphone LP style headstock, but something with the ratio's just doesnt work.

To be honest, never liked the look of Precisions. To my eyes, the offset waist on a Jazz is sexy as hell, and next to it a Precision just looks like a member of the Russian women's Olympic weight-lifting team.

Doesn't stop me from wanting a P though.

i hate anything fender shaped....or with more than 4 strings...7 is just pretentious!!,altho maybe a jaguar....i like odd shape guitars i got thunderbird....and rics......i cant justify paying that amount of money!!...im gassing on ovation magnum and guild b301/2...and ric ladaro...in black...!! oh and i like SGs too...