Why become a member? ×

Behringer pedals

blunderthumbs

Hi Chasebatters.

Thinking of buying a Behringer bass chorus pedal and was wondering if I'll regret it.
I know what you are thinking ("YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY YOU TAKES YOUR CHOICE")
You seem to be able to purchase one for around the £20 mark but are they any good?
Don't want to purchase an expensive one in case I don't get on with chorus.
Any views or oppinions would be helpfull

You'll likely be okay with it soundwise although it (obviously) won't have the mechanical toughness of a Bosss or similar metal cased pedal.
Personally I'd be thinking to look for something on here or ebay / gumtree. I reckon the 'cheap' Rocktek Chorus works well with Bass - not as subtle as some but that seems to suit better imho. Or Arion ?
Alternatively have a look at new Joyo / Harley Benton (Thomann) pedals...

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1352368937' post='1862159']
this would be my choice - purely on the metal construction.
[/quote]

While the metal case might be favourable,I don't think it should really be the deciding factor. Sure,the
Behringer pedals are plastic,but they are still sturdy.I've stomped on mine loads,and even dropped it
and kicked it around and,other than a few little dings,it's absolutely fine.

I've got the Vibrato and its great.....sonically anyway, very close (although not all the way) to my Boss VB-2.
Trouble is, they're built like a wet-cake, horrible plastic housing, rubbish switch that gives me no confidence at a gig.
So as a way of testing an effect, they're cool, but gigging? no, I'd rather run a metal housed/decent switch pedal.

Si

I have a Bass Overdrive pedal by them, it's a BOSS clone by sound. Build wise it won't survive as much punishment, being plastic...But tbh, who throws their pedals out of windows anyway? :-P
Tempted by a compressor so I have one in stomp box form I can take anywhere.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1352846228' post='1868471']
I love having an excuse to post this video:

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QL-6eTHSHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player[/url]
[/quote]

Had that chap been eating jelly with a fork?

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1352846228' post='1868471']
Plastic is really nowhere near as weak as internet forums would have you believe.
[/quote]

This. I used to use Behringer's TU300 tuner pedal, and it was so awful (it struggled to tune a low E) I used to give it quite a bit of abuse and stomped on it pretty hard with steel toe caps. Frequently.

It still works. As well as it did new out of the box anyway.

As for their other pedals I've tried, never noticed any big problems with them and their studio gear has always been pretty good. Just stay away from the tuners.

I have one of the Behringer PN-2 clones and it works great and has (so far) survived moderate use.

I also bought the Dimension C clone a few days ago (Behringer CC300) but unfortunately the first setting has a slight glitch (which is a bit of a reoccuring problem according to the amazon reviews).

So a bit hit and miss for me, but considering the price, I can't really complain too much.

Yup, a mate of mine had one of their pedals. It didn't sound very good so he upgraded to something else. He decided to signify this momentous occassion by breaking the pedal. Funnily enough the first thing we tried was throwing it at a wall... it took a chip out of the wall :lol:

I'm running the BSY600 (Boss SYB-5 clone) and actually prefer it to the Boss ones as it'll hold a note without the perpetual filter sweep, so it suit me better than the alternative. The footswitch can be a bit crappy, but I reckon I can fix that...

I've actually been using the UT100 trem pedal for about 6 years now, and it has a permanent place on my board because it sounds really good. I noticed that the control knobs had frozen at their settings because it hasn't been changed for a long time, but a firm twist was all that was needed to make them work again.

If someone would like the (4 knob) compressor pedal I have one that's almost new to shift. ;)