Why become a member? ×

Behringer pedals

blunderthumbs

• 2 weeks later...

The sounds that Behringer pedals make are generally good, for example, as mentioned previously, the Ultra Vibrato does a very good impression of a Boss VB-2. Don't get me wrong, my VB-2 sounds better than the Behringer, whilst being a typical indestructible Boss pedal, but the Behringer certainly holds its own sonically.
My problem with Behringer pedals aren't the sounds, it's not even really the plastic enclosures (although not really an excuse for them, ask Mooer & Joyo), but it's actually the switch, it feels weak and if it wasn't for the LED, barely feels like you've switched anything. Horrible.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

A few months ago I changed my pedal board quite a bit - sold my Line 6 M9 and with that money bought a MXR M80, a used Boss CE-5, and a Behringer RV600. I don't use reverb a great deal in my band, so could not justify paying any more than about £40 for a reverb pedal and, after a while of checking the classifieds for a used Holy Grail and the likes, I decided to invest my money into the RV600 instead and could not be happier. I'm lead to believe it's a clone of the Line 6 Verbzilla, which is featured in the M9, so it was even better. I had quite a bit of leftover cash in the process, so absolutely no complaints.

Been looking into the PH9 recently too. Seems like a pretty cheap and cheerful pedal to mess around with.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1354470251' post='1886347']
The sounds that Behringer pedals make are generally good, for example, as mentioned previously, the Ultra Vibrato does a very good impression of a Boss VB-2. Don't get me wrong, my VB-2 sounds better than the Behringer, whilst being a typical indestructible Boss pedal, but the Behringer certainly holds its own sonically.
[/quote]

Juan Alderete uses the Behringer vibrato on his touring pedal board these days. Not sure whether it's replaced his VB-2 or it addition to them.

I've owned a few behringer pedals (bd121 sans amp rip, bod100 boss overdrive rip) and whilst I was happy with the sound ; they both conked out on me after about a year! The bd121 fried itself and the bod100 just literally fell apart. But I was well pleased with them and I guess for the money, you can just buy new ones?!

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1355905391' post='1904131']
Juan Alderete uses the Behringer vibrato on his touring pedal board these days. Not sure whether it's replaced his VB-2 or it addition to them.
[/quote]

I have to say I don't quite believe that lol, he definitly advocates the Behringer as a clone, but I've never seen the VB-2 off his board, certainly back when I saw Big Sir in March/April he had the VB-2, and I assume (based on his pedal vids) he had it for the Mars Volta tour too. Perhaps it was being fixed or something if you saw it on the board?!
Apparently the Malekko vibrato does a great impression of it too, but that's much more money than the B.

Si