Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='oldmallet' post='192228' date='May 5 2008, 01:57 PM']Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas...........[/quote]

+1 so much fun to play

super freak by rick james by an accident and continued to learn the rest...

Aloe Blacc - I Need a Dollar
Only took about 20 seconds to learn but while watching the Jools Holland performance on youtube, I saw that he was using my favourite band as his backing band!

United Vibrations - they're ace!

Edited by chaypup

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1217106' date='May 2 2011, 01:04 AM']Fantastic. Nice sing along chorus eh. :)
The quiet bit near the end's a peach, won't be easy doing it live but you have to bring it down for the finale. Are going for the full intro or just straight in?[/quote]

Full intro with banjo.

Porbably the bassline to 'Candy Floss' by BBP.

I always listen to this tune on nightshift. I park up on the Coast Road roundabout in near Newcastle city centre and watch the traffic flit past underneath me whilst I listen to this. Always keeping my eyes open for vehicles of interest!

[quote name='Johnston' post='1220997' date='May 5 2011, 01:22 PM']And Billie jean until the hands locked up.

Three songs in three days must be a record for me :) :lol:[/quote]

I did that one a couple of weeks ago also inspired by BC. Whilst also learning My Sharona. Has a small RSI problem afterwards! :)

Tonight I've been doing Message in a Bottle and Are you Gonna be my girl by JET.

[quote name='Johnston' post='1220997' date='May 5 2011, 01:22 PM']Just managed Bright lights bigger city by Cee Lo Green (A BC video inspired that)

And Billie jean until the hands locked up.

Three songs in three days must be a record for me :) :)[/quote]

If you did BLBC and Billie Jean then you did one song :lol:

[quote name='Johnston' post='1220997' date='May 5 2011, 01:22 PM']And Billie jean until the hands locked up.[/quote]

I sometime play that after a while by sliding betwen the notes to save my hands from cramping plus it looks cooler - probably easier to understand if you were to see it :)

The latest one I've learnt is Stool Pidgeon by Kid Creole and the Coconuts. Apparently August Darnell who is Kid Creole played all the basslines. Sounds like a P with flats on it.

Totally nailed it with my Fernandes fretless with Roto flats

Just polishing off Van Halen "Feel your love tonight" for one band

and for the other band

Alcatrazz "Island In The Sun"
Vandenberg "Burning Heart"
Talisman "Ill be Waiting" - That Marcel Jacobs was some player (Very Billy Sheehan-esque which is the highest praise i can give him!) RIP Fellah!
WET "If I Fall"

Glorius stuff!

• 1 month later...

Just finished learning Sir Duke last night. I'd been wanting to learn it for ages & never got time, but a day off with not much else to do other than lay tiles in bathroom.

In between that I've been learning I Wish (also by Stevie Wonder) & just need to run over it as I've learned the 2 main parts.

Good fun songs, but I'm now sick of hearing them!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ha0wr7e6pQ"]Stone Temple Pirates[/url]

An easy bass line (for you lot), but quite tricky for a beginner like me.

The song really rocks though - well worth a view if grunge/rock is your bag - or even just for the stage presence?

Edited by Anvil

At the moment I am going from extremes. 'Paranoid' Black Sabbath, which took about 1 min to actually learn, having listened to it all my life. And 'Into The Arena' by Michael Schenker Group which I am still working on. It seems to me to be the bass playing equivalent of a tongue twister.