Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

Iv just learnt Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne :)
cant wait to run it through with the band tomorrow :lol: The bass lines are great in this song but the guitar sound on the original track really irritates me for some reason but I really like the Skid Row and Bullet For My Valentine versions :)

[quote name='deksawyer' post='1182030' date='Mar 30 2011, 11:56 AM']I finally cracked Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder last night.
There's talk of me starting a funk band sometime..........

D.[/quote]

Great innint when you finally pull that one off (oooh er missus). Once the famous riff is nailed i found the tricky bit the last double chorus where the bass player starts doubling up and playing extra twiddly bits.

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1190726' date='Apr 6 2011, 05:36 PM']Gangsters - The Specials, a really easy one for a change! Thanks Sir Horace! :)

[i]Quote - Blue Letter - Fleetwood Mac. [/i] :)
What albums that on then? - Tusk?[/quote]

The first LA album, "Fleetwood Mac". Quite an old song!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='the_house123' post='186262' date='Apr 27 2008, 01:34 AM']The Magnificent Seven by The Clash. I was in a slap mood when i learned it so i turned it funk. great bassline[/quote]

The reason that this is such a good bassline is that it is Norman Watt Roy playing it not Paul Simeon. It also has Micky Gallagher from the Blockheads on keys

I'm just re-learning Living In The Past by Jethro Tull. Its quite tricky, but not overly difficult except that I have to sing it as well and its in a silly time signature. I thought I had it nailed on my own , from the tab and with no reference to the track apart from memory but when I got together with the guitarist it was obvious that it wasn't right and now I am having problems unlearning the wrong version. I can play it fine and I can sing it fine but really struggling to do both.

I had to really think about this one, it's been about 6 weeks since I sat down to learn a song.

So, it was either.

Alison Moyet's, All Cried Out (with some extra fills :)) or Avril Lavigne's My Happy Ending (with some fills taken out, because my fingers are old :))

Also had to refresh my memory about playing Message In A Bottle. Simple but I love playing it, I just do :lol:

[quote name='PeteinKent' post='1216505' date='May 1 2011, 01:00 PM']I'm just re-learning Living In The Past by Jethro Tull. Its quite tricky, but not overly difficult except that I have to sing it as well and its in a silly time signature. I thought I had it nailed on my own , from the tab and with no reference to the track apart from memory but when I got together with the guitarist it was obvious that it wasn't right and now I am having problems unlearning the wrong version. I can play it fine and I can sing it fine but really struggling to do both.[/quote]

It's the standing on one leg which is really tricky!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1217062' date='May 1 2011, 11:44 PM']Decided to play it with my Grunge covers band.[/quote]
Fantastic. Nice sing along chorus eh. :)
The quiet bit near the end's a peach, won't be easy doing it live but you have to bring it down for the finale. Are going for the full intro or just straight in?