Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Velvet Revolver - Slither

We've reached a band decision to do it in Drop D as per the record, so the intro is heavily extended (drummer starts while we're tuning, I join in then the guitairst joins in)

We played it on Saturday and the guitarist didn't understand what song we were playing, so the intro carried on for a good 45 seconds to a minute... Felt very weird!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='982647' date='Oct 9 2010, 04:04 PM']Ouch, aching forearms.[/quote]

I forgot just how incredible your stamina has to be for that song! By the first chorus my arms were starting to ache! I ended up slapping with a much lighter touch from the thumb and that allowed me to rattle the song off without my arms seizing up! :)

[quote name='goblin' post='886935' date='Jul 6 2010, 01:14 AM']Got round to learning 'I Wish' and 'Sir Duke' today. They're pretty fun lines to play.[/quote]
What you mean is "I can play Sir Duke and I want to tell you all"
congrats, go to the Boffin class with Bilbo and his other "readers" as Bill Hicks used to say!! :)

PS j for joke and all