Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GAS Diversion

clauster

A few years back, I had a little spare cash and decided I'd get one of those popular-at-the-time SX Precision basses. But I couldn't decide whether I liked the white or black more.

So I bought a satnav :o

Now, having sold a few pedals, about 100 CDs and a few books I've got enough cash for my latest object of desire - the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV. But I'm struggling to choose between transparent black or vintage sunburst.

So, in short, which Android Tablet should I buy instead? :angry:

Does this happen to anyone else?

NB This time I will end up with the bass (and it'll probably be the school woodwork project finish :P)

I was looking for a small cab recently, and today a Markbass 2x10 combo arrived, the 1x15 will arrive next week. It will look great beside the EBS rig I needed the small cab for............how many amps is enough?

Vintage Sunburst.. The black looks a bit plasticy.

Or hang on for the new pro-classics..
[url="http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2012/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Classic-IV-PRO.aspx"]http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2012/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Classic-IV-PRO.aspx[/url]

I'd get the Alpine White one.

Or you could save up and buy the real-deal... I'm considering letting mine go to fund a new project.

Sorry don't know much about Android tech

Edited by billyapple

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1339450656' post='1688809']

[url="http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2012/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Classic-IV-PRO.aspx"]http://www.epiphone....sic-IV-PRO.aspx[/url]

Or you could save up and buy the real-deal... I'm considering letting mine go to fund a new project.

[/quote]It is plastic.
I went out to buy a guitar a long time ago and came back with a bass. My girlfriend left me and i now have no friends.

So glad it's not just me that ends up buying something completely different.[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1339450656' post='1688809']

[url="http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2012/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Classic-IV-PRO.aspx"]http://www.epiphone....sic-IV-PRO.aspx[/url]

[/quote]

Thanks for the vote on the sunburst. I can't stand the Fender sunburst (and I've mostly been a Fender type until recently), but the Epi/Gibson burst seems a bit darker/less technicolour. Plus I can get my hands on the VSB sooner (nowhere seems the have the black in stock unless paying top price). Might have to break my own prejudice and buy a Sunburst for the first time in 23 1/2 years.

Did think about hanging on and going for the Classic Pro, but it's got the three point bridge that I'm not a fan of.

Maybe not the indecisive part, though I'm known for my indecisive prowess, but:

Went to buy some LPs. Came home with a synthesizer.
Went to buy a Vox miniplugampthingie. Came home an Ashdown 4*10" combo.

You don't want the whole list ...

[quote name='clauster' timestamp='1339438863' post='1688527']

Now, having sold a few pedals, about 100 CDs and a few books I've got enough cash for my latest object of desire - the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV. But I'm struggling to choose between transparent black or vintage sunburst.

So, in short, which Android Tablet should I buy instead? :angry:

[/quote]

Get an Android tablet, any one will do. Then you'll spend so much time trying to get it to work, you won't notice you don't have the Thunderbird.

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1339534844' post='1690253']
Get an Android tablet, any one will do. Then you'll spend so much time trying to get it to work, you won't notice you don't have the Thunderbird.
[/quote]

:lol:

Went out for: Cheap suit for job interview
Came back with: The complete Roxy Music back catalogue on vinyl

Didn't get the job.
Sued Bryan Ferry
Lost the case.

I still love Roxy music tho'...

No need for the Android tablet :D

I'm now waiting to take delivery of the Vintage Sunburst Thunderbird Pro-IV.

The decision was made for me by the fact that Thomann got the 'burst in stock today, but won't have any black ones until "maybe August".

Great price at Thomann too 295.00 Euros :D

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1340042753' post='1698197']
Quite the opposite for me. I went out shopping for bed linen and came back with an Overwater Contemporary J4.
[/quote]

A bass is more important than sleep: You made the right choice

Ha ha, good topic. I have in mind to get a new cab to beef up my new Genz combo. Coming back from a gig at the weekend my car's computer said 'low tyre pressure' and so it turned out that I was running low. So I pumped it up, only to lose 10 psi overnight. Went to get the puncture repaired today only to find that the rim was cracked, probably by a pothole. So, new wheel @ £500 - plus, and no need for Bass Direct to get too excited for now.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1340049617' post='1698363']
My b/f went out to buy a newspaper 2 years ago.

He's still not back yet ..

:-)
[/quote]

He must have been that gutted at England only drawing with Algeria in the first round of the World Cup. :unsure: