Why become a member? ×

Which BC Member's Bands do you want to see, and have seen?

xilddx

I wasn't a member of BC so didn't know it at the time, but I saw Thom(Bassmonkey) playing with the James Warner Prophecies at the Fishpond in Matlock Bath. Was a really good gig, even though the support band were a bit 'rough and ready', let's say.

I don't get out to see much live music which is strange for someone who counts themselves as a music lover! I've seen jc_riffs a few times and we've played in similar lineups for years now. I was a bit gutted to have missed BigRedX a month or two back playing in Liverpool, but we had a gig on the same evening unfortunately, so I'll make an effort next time he's up my way to get over and say hello.

At least three off the top of my head. I've seen Crikey in Tyrannosaurus Alan a couple of times and mighty good they were to. A few years back I saw Farmer61 with one of his covers bands and was very impressed with his playing and his orange Jazz. I was also on the same bill as OldSlapper at the Chapel in Salisbury when he was with the Hollywood Killlers who were also excellent.

[i](If you've played the Winchester Gate or The Old Ale House in Salisbury in the last few years then I've probably seen you as well)[/i]

To my knowledge the only BCer I have seen perform is hiram k hackenbacker (Warren) who was in local disco/dance band Elco Jones, who were the nuts. Now disbanded.

I really want to see Gary in Dressed to Kill - sounds like a blast.

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1332864713' post='1594156']
I wasn't a member of BC so didn't know it at the time, but I saw Thom(Bassmonkey) playing with the James Warner Prophecies
[/quote]

I didn't know Thom was on here. Seen and played with JWP a bunch of times too.

Wow! lots of Terrortone love - thanks guys!

We're back in Liverpool on Wednesday 18th April. There'll be more gigs all over the country soon - we'll play anywhere that can cover our transport costs...

So who would I like to see?

Kit Richardson - if I'd been living in London I would have been fighting silddx for the bassist slot.

Jetsonics, totally fab- if you live in London and haven't seen them yet then why not?

I'd have liked to have seen Rattlin' Bone when Clarky was playing with them - but All The Queens Ravens sound even better...

Our Helical Mind. Unfortunately they always seem to be playing on the same night that I am.

I tried to go and see Lounge Fly with Gafbass02 when they played in Nottingham but I was too late to catch them.

longtimefred's Lesbian Bed Death because it's an awesome name and I like a bit of gothic rock...

AFAIK the only band with a Basschat member that I've seen is joeystrange's JD & The FDCs who we've gigged with and are great! Despite the large number of members on here the majority of bands we play with don't seem to have a Basschat bassist...

Mani popped up on here a few weeks back and twenty something years ago I sound engineered a gig for them before they were famous.

Burning Organ (Silverfoxnik's band) I've seen a couple of times.

Walman's band (the Alibi?) once.

The Plan (WaynePunkDude) twice I think.

As LowEndBee has already, we supported them a couple of weeks ago at the Grey Horse.

Someone else whose name escapes me right now also at the Grey Horse.

JimElliottBassist with the Good Ship Band.

I know there are others, but time to start work for the day :(

Edit: Crikey in T Alan more than once (I think we've been on the same night as them at least twice)

Another edit: All have been great acts, but Burning Organ stand out as a fantastic covers act :)

Edited by clauster

Planning on seeing Our Helical Mind this Saturday but I've come down with birdflu! (aka manflu)

Haven't seen anyone else really as Nottingham's range of bass player's can't see past their uncut fringes......

Would be good to see anyone come see me in Cut the Heroics, we are on this friday in a BOTB final, supposed to be on at 10pm for anyone interested.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1332886901' post='1594589']
I've been to see Big John with his originals band, which was really good.
[/quote]

Ta lar!

Bumped into Neckie last night, well, I say bumped into him. I didn't know who he was... He turned up in a luton outside the studio, I thought he'd come to rob us! :D

You'll have to let me know when you're next playing out.

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1332923611' post='1594799']
Ta lar!

Bumped into Neckie last night, well, I say bumped into him. I didn't know who he was... He turned up in a luton outside the studio, I thought he'd come to rob us! :D

You'll have to let me know when you're next playing out.
[/quote]

Yeah - that Neckie's a dodgy looking git :)
Re. gigs, all we need is a name (although going under the working title of The Droplegs), a demo (recording tomorrow at Paper Stone) and some bookings (hopefully the previous two action points will help with that) then we'll get some live reggae action going. I can't wait.

Saw some dodgy band with some dude in gloves a couple of times ;)

They were rather excellent as it goes.

I'd like to see (in ni particular order at all) Nearly Dan, Our Helical Mind, CreepJoint and Dick Venom. But they dont let me out much any more :(

I'd love to see Dick Venom - I bought the CD but I know it's the live experience I really wanted. I will make the effort at some point. Our Helical Mind would be great to see but I imagine their crowds would intimidate me. Still, when i'm free I will make the effort 'cos again I love the recordings.

I'm a social pariah on this site, Not seen anyone on here live I'm sorry to say.
I missed Nearly Dan due to me not realizing I'd got dates mixed up & turned up to the venue a week late ...............d'uh !!!

But I'd like to catch anyone from this site, if playing in Leeds please tell me & I'll check the calendar & come over for a gig!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1332934638' post='1595016']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jeGLrvy5i8[/media]
[/quote]

I moved away from Luton many years ago but I don't actually remember people speaking like that.
However, I have been described as a cockney by a brummie who was on the recieving end of a rare diatribe... :unsure: