Why become a member? ×

New American Standards by Fender (again)

Musicman20

Fender have upgraded the American Standards with a Custom Shop 60s pickups, apparently.

A new colour, Jade Pearl Metallic, has also been announced.

Probably be a huge price increase as well.

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=0193600700"]http://www.fender.co...rtno=0193600700[/url]

Edited by Musicman20

What were the old pickups called because you can get USA original pickups and USA vintage pickups and USA custom shop pickups but I never saw USA standard pickups. I liked the sound of the standard US Jazz Bass pickups and fancied a set but was never sure what they were called and where you could get them. In the end I went and bought myself a set of the Fender custom shop ones the other day and they should be getting to me next week.

Edited by gjones

New US standard strats/teles are going to priced at about £1100-1199. New prices for the American Deluxe series too... £1300 ish!

So i guess the bass prices will see a similar jump in price.

Edited by skej21

I seriously think Fender should return to the American automotive ethic from the 60's and 70's.
To wit;

Change the model every year, and "include" the model year in the description.
For example

'69 Chevrolet Camaro SS

'02 Fender Jazz S1

And be done with it.
Failing that, make the required revisions to make a killer Precision and Jazz, and stick with that recipe.

it's like premiership football clubs with replica kits a bit isn't it?

at £1300 you're starting to get to the point where a custom build is better.... you know small luthiers have way way lower profit margins than fender...

That new colour isn't what I was expecting. They should have brought some pastels into the scheme like surf green and sonic blue.

I personally think the 'new pickup' is probably worth no more, but they jacked the prices to make more money.

I never paid nowhere near the previous prices, or these new ones, and mine are a 2009 and 2011.

The secondhand value for your 2005 Jazz has gone up? :-)

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1332602035' post='1590558']
I bought my U.S Fender Jazz in 2005 for £800 new. 7 years, £500 and a few new crappy colours later, could someone tell me what's changed?
[/quote]

The Andertons website currently says they'll set you back £1067 for the solid colours and £1121 for 3TS (a bit more for the fretless and another bit for the lefties).

So not cheap but not a huge price hike over the 2011 versions. Whether they're worth the money is probably an exercise best left to the reader ;)

• 1 month later...

I bought a 2012 Am. Std. Jazz, and it sounds great. The 60"s pups sound good. The price increase was $50.00. I liked the Blizzard Pearl better than the new Jade Green. I went with the Olympic White, and the Maple board.

[IMG]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/roadrex/post-14973-0-27258800-1337132992.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by gsgbass