Why become a member? ×

GAS for 2012

Linus27

Here's my 2012 shopping list:

Reverend Thundergun (black)
[i]Another [/i]Gibson Thunderbird (black)

I also have a desire for a Rickenbacker 400* as well...I'd like to try one out for a rehearsal to see whether it's viable/worth it before shelling out. Anyone close to Reading got a loaner? :)

P

Bass guitar and amp-wise I'm happy.

However I have my eye on a couple of guitars and some electronic devices for making and manipulating weird sounds.

What I really want though is to find a really good studio in Nottingham to record the next Dick Venom single. Any Ideas?

32" scale 5 string with 16mm spacing, but cheaper that the Status Mark King 5 string with the bendwell. (Headless is not compulsory, but not a problem either). I could then sell off most of my current basses.

Does anyone out there make a fan fretted 5 string where the G string is 32" (and the narrow string spacing)?

Ach, dunno - it's all vague maybes and possibilities rather than outright wants.

A physically smaller amp head maybe
A bass made of some synthetic materials (maybe something with a luthite body or a ebonol fingerboard just to see what it's like)

But if it doesn't happen then I won't be too bothered.

I have cured my amp GAS recently. I have just acquired a Promethean and a Barefaced compact. I cant wait to use them in anger.

Bass wise I am on the look out for a pre CBS jazz!! I missed out on one recently and am still kicking myself.
In reality I will also be looking for a roadworn jazz or '60s RI jazz.

What's the fuss about those EBS Reidmar things, guys?

As for myself, I'm desperate to sort out the 'basic' version of my pedalboard - first of all, to GET a pedalboard (PedalTrain SC2 ideally), then a floor tuner, compressor, and a multi power supply (like Dunlop DC brick)..

Then, rig change coming next, which is really complicated - I get to with play with Loud drummers, and I lug my amp around a lot, but Genz Benz 3T10 + TC Electronic Rs112 just aint loud enough for gigs/rehearsals without monitoring...

Ideally it would be - Genz 6T12 combo + some extension cab, maybe a 2x12.... Anyone got that combo up for trade/sale? :)

easy
Laimis

Blimey,

Already thinking of trading the 2 Agi's 1 x 12's for an Epi 2 x 10 + 1 x 15..

Also thinking of getting/trying a 5-er (again) and I'm always looking out for the perfect Wal-4.

I'm loving all the time off for Christmas but it gives me too much time to think about this :-)

1st: find a job and start earning again
2nd: sell Roland DB500 amp [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/134159-fsft-roland-db-500-combo/"]http://basschat.co.u...d-db-500-combo/[/url]
3rd: buy SR premium or prestige series preferably SR1200 premium
4th: buy or build Precision bass

Edited by guven_caglar

Will deffo be gassing for a Valve amp (trace v4 head or combo, orange AD200, hiwatt DR201).
Oh & maybe something passive & fender'y (CIJ 70's re-issue jazz?) for a change from my 'Ray. Need to offload current 2nd bass first though.
Oooh & might look for a budget fretless for an sonic experiment.
And obviously a couple more pedals, maybe chorus, delay & summat to create noisy weirdness.

Not much really, eh? Ho hum, better get saving!

Happy new year, BC'ers!
Norm

try out new pups/pre in the warwick.
Maybe a refret too.
And a new set of strings for the P

Then I want to fix up the electric guitar I found and learn to play that. I said that a year ago with an acoustic but still not anywhere! hmmm maybe I should stick to bass?