Why become a member? ×

Thought you were sick of your covers band?

EdwardHimself

Check out this guy then lol (contains swearing on the part of an irate audience member)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJAEu_0BqCQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

[url="http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-jovi-music-sends-cover-band-guitarist-over-the-edge/"]http://ultimateclass...-over-the-edge/[/url]

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1321975542' post='1445016']
A couple of years ago we had a guitarist leave a covers band between the last number and the encore, but without the guitar smashing!!

I was amused and irritated at the same time.
[/quote]

Friend of mine was in a band where the drummer just packed up in the interval & buggered off :)

Our keyboard player walked out between the soundcheck and the start of the gig. No drama, no breakages just packed up his keys and said "Sod this I'm off". There was then a mini-tirade about the backing singer being crap (I think? It was 20 yrs ago). We did the gig anyway :).

Hey my first post - guess I better put something in the introduction thread :)

I was in a band once where every gig ended like that.... It was quite carefully staged :)

It actually looked and sounded quite good, coz the guitar and bass (a carefully chosen cheap P bass copy) were thrown to the floor and the drummer would carry on for a minute or so, doing a bit of a solo. This would then make the guitar and bass vibrate, producing a wonderful feedback howl....

Didn't look quite so cool when we had to come back to the stage to turn everything off though :)

Edited by 4-string-thing

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1322040447' post='1445617']
ha ha ...don't know what to say..

Precious, childish, break-down, whatever........

No point trying to play-on..........just have to admit the game is up and pack down
and have a laugh with the audience over it..??
[/quote]

"We seem to have broken our guitarist, does anyone have a new one?"

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1321980023' post='1445089']
Being the old cynic that I am it all looked a bit "staged". Actors workshop. I like the way the guitarist threw the guitar in a fit of rage nicely towards the edge of the room so it wouldnt hit anyone; I'm surprised he didnt put it in a dustbin. Sounded like someones mum shouting at the end! lol
[/quote]

Yeah,
[sup]Sure looks staged to me as well.[/sup]

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1321973878' post='1444980']
What does he say into the microphone before smashing up the guitar? I can't quite work it out.
[/quote]

There's definitely a "screw this band, I'm going solo" in there. I dunno if its staged or not, but being interrupted by someone while you're talking is pretty annoying. Dunno if I'd smash an instrument over the heads of it though.