Why become a member? ×

The Coolest Bass Player On The Planet

Pete Academy

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1320927' date='Jul 29 2011, 10:50 PM']No new suggestions from me as its Andy Fraser (surely the coolest ever) and our friends Phil L and Norman W-R.

>Edit: Looking at that pic again, even kids don't have waists like that nowadays. Thanks MacDonalds.[/quote]

Oo yes, definitely :)

[quote name='Mace' post='1323624' date='Aug 1 2011, 10:22 PM']Another +1 for Lynott[/quote]

Or Steve Harris - apart from all his obvious (to me anyway!) attributes, being the reason I bought a bass in the first place all those years ago must be pretty cool?

[size=7]\m/[/size]

[quote name='Mace' post='1323626' date='Aug 1 2011, 10:28 PM']Or Steve Harris - apart from all his obvious (to me anyway!) attributes, being the reason I bought a bass in the first place all those years ago must be pretty cool?

[size=7]\m/[/size][/quote]

Amen mate.

I would say Gene $immon$ - I've been a KISS fan since I was 10 years old but, I'll have to say Mr Harris - I learned to play by playing along to Maiden.

One of my proudest fourstring moments was being able to play Rime Of The Ancient Mariner note for note at the tender age of 16.

Saw Maiden again on Sunday in Brum, and everytime I see them I just wish I could be him for one gig. :)

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1324085' date='Aug 2 2011, 12:16 PM']I'd also include Jack Bruce - Sunshine of my Love and Badge must be two of the coolest basslines ever..

Do I need to add videos???[/quote]

Yes, please. The second nomination for bass player who used one of my most disliked bass, the EB1