Why become a member? ×

Fender - New 70s Precision

wateroftyne

Just when you think they might have run out of ways to repackage the same thing yet again they go and do this. FMIC, you astound me once more. For your next trick I have some stones I believe may contain some blood, see what you can do :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1294305' date='Jul 6 2011, 08:51 AM']To be fair, I imagine there's a bit of demand for a P with blocks. Should Fender ignore it?[/quote]
True but wouldn't they look so much better with a rosewood-n-blocks board than maple?

It's like they have different features and they just draw numbers out of a velvet bag.

"What's 23, Chad?"

"23 is blocks but no binding, Chip"

"OK, next up... number 41"

"That's a Tele style headstock, Chip"

"OK, intern, draw that up on Kisakae, let's see what it looks like"

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1294314' date='Jul 6 2011, 08:57 AM']It's like they have different features and they just draw numbers out of a velvet bag.

"What's 23, Chad?"

"23 is blocks but no binding, Chip"

"OK, next up... number 41"

"That's a Tele style headstock, Chip"

"OK, intern, draw that up on Kisakae, let's see what it looks like"[/quote]
No, I think this one is more calculated than that.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1294316' date='Jul 6 2011, 09:00 AM']No, I think this one is more calculated than that.[/quote]

Really? I am starting to believe they're very close to this, if they haven't started using the random ball instrument generator already.

"That one looks kind of 70's, Chip"

"Let's call it the 70's Precision, Chad"

"But Fender never made that in the 70's, Chip"

"It doesn't matter, Chad, just get Brad in marketing on the phone"

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1294324' date='Jul 6 2011, 09:07 AM']Really? I am starting to believe they're very close to this, if they haven't started using the random ball instrument generator already.

"That one looks kind of 70's, Chip"

"Let's call it the 70's Precision, Chad"

"But Fender never made that in the 70's, Chip"

"It doesn't matter, Chad, just get Brad in marketing on the phone"[/quote]
I'm not sure the name is that important...?

[quote name='Clarky' post='1294306' date='Jul 6 2011, 08:53 AM']True but wouldn't they look so much better with a rosewood-n-blocks board than maple?[/quote]
Yep - another vote for RW/Blocks :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1294306' date='Jul 6 2011, 08:53 AM']True but wouldn't they look so much better with a rosewood-n-blocks board than maple?[/quote]

I seem to be in the minority here that actually disagrees with this :)

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1294324' date='Jul 6 2011, 09:07 AM']"But Fender never made that in the 70's, Chip"

"It doesn't matter, Chad, just get Brad in marketing on the phone"[/quote]

Exactly. I think it's called nostalgia. It's an invented 70s. Like Velvet Goldmine or any other number of stylised 70s representations. We know it wasn't really like that. Much grimmer, like those 1976 TOTP reruns on at the mo'. Every decade eventually gets reinvented by those who weren't there.

Another +1. I think the maple with black blocks looks a little cheap.

Edited by Musicman20