Why become a member? ×

Recommend a good chorus pedal please!

fretmeister

They're not quite as common, but I recommend the EHX Neo Clone. Mine cost me about £50 brand new, nice and simple to use (just a knob to adjust the rate, and a switch to make the effect more obvious). Very nice sound, small so perfect for pedalboards, and true bypass! :)

I've tried a few in my time, Boss CE3B, CE2B, Digitech bass chorus, EHX small clone and an EBS unichorus. The Boss CE2 and the EBS were my favourite two, the winner (for me) is the EBS - it's just lovely (and has a small footprint, too) and choc-full of analogue goodness.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1228166' date='May 11 2011, 10:34 PM']They're not quite as common, but I recommend the EHX Neo Clone. Mine cost me about £50 brand new, nice and simple to use (just a knob to adjust the rate, and a switch to make the effect more obvious). Very nice sound, small so perfect for pedalboards, and true bypass! :)[/quote]

+1 to this, great little chorus pedal.

I had a Boss bass chorus pedal back in the 80's that was very nice (until some tosser nicked it off me at a charity gig) - I think the one they do now is basically the same spec. I also used an electro harmonix electric mistress (more of a flanger/filter type effect really) for a while...not bass specific, but I used to get some interesting sounds from it. It's not an effect I use these days tbh, but i'm sure there are tons out there to choose from...

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1228610' date='May 12 2011, 11:55 AM']Analogman, accept nothing else[/quote]

+1

I've had 3 of them. I bought the Mini Chorus with Deep mod, wasn't using it so I sold it. Then regretted it and waited ages for another one. I kept missing them, so finally settled on the normal size Chorus with the 3 way switch. Then another Mini came up so I sold the normal sized one to buy the Mini Chorus with Deep Mod again! Nothing wrong with the big box one, just needed more pedalboard space at the time!

Seriously, go AnalogMan. Best Chorus pedal for Bass that I've found.

[quote name='drewk_ie' post='1229072' date='May 12 2011, 05:40 PM']If you can get your hands on one of the old late 80's early 90's Boss chorus pedals, you won't go far wrong... :)[/quote]

I managed to find a Boss CE1B that is grand. Not too overdone and came with an authentic 'road-worn' look!

My advice would be buy 2nd hand from other bass-chatters and then continue the circle of GAS if it is not what you want - like all these things it is a matter of taste.