Why become a member? ×

best bass ad ever

Ou7shined

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1211276' date='Apr 25 2011, 10:30 PM']After reading that sales pitch does anyone else immediately want one, or am I too impressionable?[/quote]
I used to have one ('til it got nicked) playing in a grunge band back at the start of the 90s... loved it. I seem to remember having a crack at the moustache too... it looked like one of my eyebrows had come down for a drink. :)

To my mind, the 70's guy (let's call him Jeff) looks more suited to our tempestuous and troubled times than the two doughy dullards in 'homogenized metaller black'.

Think about it.

Jeff looks like he's having a good time. Jeff's eyes gleam. Jeff's moustache is full and luxuriant. Jeff's hair is bouncy and elegantly coiffed. Jeff's threads are bright and sparkly and - well - friendly. Jeff's weight does not exceed that of his band's touring PA. It all suggests a man at ease with himself.

Adam and Jason (for those are their names) are a different matter. Their eyes convey a self-important stupidity. Their faces are pouchy. Adam has bingo wings. Jason is clearly busting to hang a colossal rat. Adam and Jason affect that ubiquitous hard-man scowl that says "Talk to me and I'll get my 'entourage' to give you a kicking". They are endorsees and thus quite clearly total breadheads. They are a summation of all that is wrong with society in general and our bass-playing community in particular.

Jeff is a man for our times. Jeff would tell you that dope gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no dope. Jeff would point out that we all have to work together to stick it to the man. Jeff would let you sleep on his couch and he'd square it with his 'old lady'.

We need guys like Jeff. He's a dude.

Edited by skankdelvar

It's probably a prototype. The advert spiel talks of pickups designed specially for and only for the Ripper, which the actual ones of course were.

Sales - "Where's the Ripper?"
R&D - "Here it is but it's not quite..."
[i]Ripper is ripped out of hands and away[/i]
R&D - "...ready. Oh well."

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1211540' date='Apr 26 2011, 11:14 AM']To my mind, the 70's guy (let's call him Jeff) looks more suited to our tempestuous and troubled times than the two doughy dullards in 'homogenized metaller black'.

Think about it.

Jeff looks like he's having a good time. Jeff's eyes gleam. Jeff's moustache is full and luxuriant. Jeff's hair is bouncy and elegantly coiffed. Jeff's threads are bright and sparkly and - well - friendly. Jeff's weight does not exceed that of his band's touring PA. It all suggests a man at ease with himself.

Adam and Jason (for those are their names) are a different matter. Their eyes convey a self-important stupidity. Their faces are pouchy. Adam has bingo wings. Jason is clearly busting to hang a colossal rat. Adam and Jason affect that ubiquitous hard-man scowl that says "Talk to me and I'll get my 'entourage' to give you a kicking". They are endorsees and thus quite clearly total breadheads. They are a summation of all that is wrong with society in general and our bass-playing community in particular.

Jeff is a man for our times. Jeff would tell you that dope gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no dope. Jeff would point out that we all have to work together to stick it to the man. Jeff would let you sleep on his couch and he'd square it with his 'old lady'.

We need guys like Jeff. He's a dude.[/quote]
:) :) :lol:
Skank, you da man! You're wasted here.