Why become a member? ×

Any way of identifying BCers at gigs??

mrtcat

[quote name='farmer61' post='1189294' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:03 PM']Does that mean you'd have to take your cab to every event even if not playing...... :)

Edit...Wristband is a cracking idea imo[/quote]

Good point although I normally do :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189151' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:40 PM']there's always the uber-cool BassChat T-shirts, of which I am a proud owner :)[/quote]
Indeed. I wore one of those to the Janek Gwizdala thing at PeteAcademy's shop, just so that StingrayPete could ignore me. Still, at least Janek didn't smack me over the head, so maybe things have blown over...

Easy,

[quote name='Linus27' post='1189288' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:01 PM']Its hard enough wearing a watch and a wedding ring is like torture.[/quote]
Yes, I found that too, although the current Mrs Zero is a considerable improvement.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1189288' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:01 PM']Have to be stickers for me as I don't like things on my wrist, ears, necks etc. Its hard enough wearing a watch and [b]a wedding ring is like torture[/b][u][/u]. Basschat Sticker would be good as it could go on the grill of the cab, gig bag, flight case etc as well as the car window. Variety of sizes would be good also.[/quote]

That's a common complaint...... :)

[quote name='lojo' post='1189261' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:43 PM']If we get wrist bands, are there different colours for "Fakers" and "readers", we can create some government backed 8 page application form to access what level you are[/quote]
Or have logos like the old Anti nuclear stickers;"16th notes?No thanks"
I'm going for one that says"You hum it and I'll Google up the Tab".

I'd go for a basschat shirt. In black obviously :) also would consider a wristband, and maybe a sticker for my pedalboard which incidentally would never have existed if it weren't for this place! ... Also how about a plastic yellow and black 'chat' to stick on my cab next to the 'Markbass' logo? :)

The thing about clothes is that some people have a band uniform/outfit, I always wear black or red shirts on stage, I wouldn't want to wear a teeshirt with a forum logo on it.

Same thing with amps, my amp's been battered about a bit now, but I don't really fancy sticking stuff all over it (odd how I wouldn't mind on a (painted) bass but on my amp I don't like the idea of it).

Cases would be a good idea, but cases are very rarely on show, they're usually backstage somewhere. That's why I was thinking about the merchandise case, that's usually somewhere visible.

How about a pin badge or sew-on patch? Hmmm... might be a bit too "1% / outlaw biker" for some.

Or maybe a Basschat cologne...?? I can see it now: "Scent of the bassist, by Calvin Klein... [Kills all known germs. Dead]".

.... ok, I'll just get me coat... ;-)

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1191678' date='Apr 7 2011, 01:15 PM']... also would consider a wristband, and maybe a sticker for my pedalboard [i][b]which incidentally would never have existed if it weren't for this place! [/b][/i][/quote]

Delighted to see I'm not the only one. :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1191678' date='Apr 7 2011, 01:15 PM']I'd go for a basschat shirt. In black obviously :) also would consider a wristband, and maybe a sticker for my pedalboard which incidentally would never have existed if it weren't for this place! ... Also how about a plastic yellow and black 'chat' to stick on my cab next to the 'Markbass' logo? :lol:[/quote]

And after all that lot, what's the betting the first thing said to you will be "do you use BassChat?" :)