Why become a member? ×

Any way of identifying BCers at gigs??

mrtcat

[quote name='Linus27' post='1189288' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:01 PM']Have to be stickers for me as I don't like things on my wrist, ears, necks etc. Its hard enough wearing a watch and a wedding ring is like torture. Basschat Sticker would be good as it could go on the grill of the cab, gig bag, flight case etc as well as the car window. Variety of sizes would be good also.[/quote]
Does that mean you'd have to take your cab to every event even if not playing...... :)

Edit...Wristband is a cracking idea imo

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189300' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:07 PM']Perhaps a BassChat hairband?

Here's MacDaddy, silddx, Low End Bee and Happy Jack at the King George in Chiswick last week

[attachment=76742:Tuff_Pho...am_Hames.jpg][/quote]

Has the one on the right just remembered he forgot to put the rolled up sock down the front of his trousers? :)

[quote name='Johnston' post='1189306' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:12 PM']Because lets face it how many people pay attention to what people have on their wrists ??[/quote]

Nobody, because there's currently nothing to look out for. I assume that we're all looking to change that and it wouldn't take much to take a cursory glance a few inches down after thinking "I wonder if they're on BC..." when watching a bassist on stage.

[quote name='icastle' post='1189303' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:09 PM']Has the one on the right just remembered he forgot to put the rolled up sock down the front of his trousers? :)[/quote]
You could always try dropping Jack a PM to ask :)

What could be more stylish and practical than a keyfob? It would look the biz hanging off your ignition key as you drive to and from the gigs and if you want to let they guy on stage know your a BCer just rattle your keys in front of him with a knowing nod and wink................ oh hold on :) erm.........

That wrist band thingy sounds good doesnt it :)

A

[quote name='apa' post='1189344' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:31 PM']What could be more stylish and practical than a keyfob? It would look the biz hanging off your ignition key as you drive to and from the gigs and if you want to let they guy on stage know your a BCer just rattle your keys in front of him with a knowing nod and wink................ oh hold on :) erm.........

That wrist band thingy sounds good doesnt it :)[/quote]

LMAO :lol:

I reckon you could easy spot a fellow bc`er as threy have no money left and will be sipping from a sports bottle of ready made up squash or what ever after getting gas on here from the for sale section( i really try to avoid it now but always end up having a quick peek) :)

[quote name='apa' post='1189344' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:31 PM']What could be more stylish and practical than a keyfob? It would look the biz hanging off your ignition key as you drive to and from the gigs and if you want to let they guy on stage know your a BCer just rattle your keys in front of him with a knowing nod and wink................ oh hold on :) erm.........

That wrist band thingy sounds good doesnt it :)

A[/quote]

Ok i am on board with the keyring idea lol! :lol:

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1189137' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:35 PM']Why not do a machine gun style blistering slap bass solo, far too loud, in the wrong key and with no rhythm in the middle of a ballad and then give the audience a knowing wink?
Or the plain white badge on the strap sounds good....[/quote]

I been Known to do that after a little liquid refreshment, grin rather than a wink though. Used to piss the drummer off no end.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1189148' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:39 PM']Another good idea, i'm in.
Should we go down this route, does anyone know about how to source / obtain custom wristbands?[/quote]

24hourwristbands.com do them, they're good quality stuff and not too expensive either, last time i looked they had an 80% off sale that put them at about 18p per wristband for an order of 300 embossed silicon ones, they even do glow in the dark.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='icastle' post='1189205' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:14 PM']Gawd, you're a rubbish witch...

[font="Book Antiqua"][b]Hair Restoration from the Grimoire of Odd Uncle Susan[/b][/font]
1/2 tablespoon essence of lizard
2 newts tongues
3 toad eyes
12 dessicated cats (well, you've gotta hope!)

Put the whole lot into a cauldron and boil it up in dew water colelcted by young virgins (so not in Luton) on the first night of a new moon whilst dancing naked around it.

After the court case and subsequent photos, go to the local wig emporium and buy a disguise... :)[/quote]

I've had a pint of that in The Red House pub in Coalville!

[quote name='Mike' post='1189888' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:10 PM']Wristbands with bass clefs, great idea![/quote]

Agreed, but some subtlety may be the key here, otherwise ...

edit: I always knew Jedward were a couple of charity cases!

or here's one for the 'readers' ...

Edited by Sawtooth

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1189905' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:27 PM']Why would I want to make it smaller?[/quote]

Easier to get in the washing machine? :)

EDIT: I might just be getting a little bit confused here... :)

Edited by icastle