Why become a member? ×

Any way of identifying BCers at gigs??

mrtcat

Get little badges made in 'Ben Hur'esque font with your member number and BC underneath, to the uninitiated it just looks like a crappy B-movie or something, problematic as we move to the ten thousandth member etc... Hmm, wristband does it then.

How about "Make GAS History"? :)

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1189115' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:23 PM']Is there any way of identifying fellow BCers at gigs? I'm thinking about like a subtle logo somewhere on our kit or a t-shirt emblem. Don't want to suggest some kind of secret society (although my missus is fairly convinced BC is another branch of the freemasons) or anything but would be nice to know another BCer when I'm either playing or watching as it's a chance to say hi.[/quote]

I always wear a pink carnation onmy left ear for that purpose...

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='1189147' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:39 PM']Username and avatar tattoo'd on your forehead?

But then if you ever changed your avatar....[/quote]
Not sure mine would be possible with todays technology.........

I'd be down with getting my hands on a wristband of some kind. Failing that, do we have any stickers or anything on here? Would make things more interesting to be on the lookout for them. On amps and the like, the obvious spaces for them on guitars, or the more subtle addition to a pedal board/case. If not, I'm going to look into making them anyway...

[quote name='Eight' post='1189185' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:01 PM']Exactly. To cover up the bald "patch".

Not even sure you can call it a patch anymore. :)[/quote]

Gawd, you're a rubbish witch...

[font="Book Antiqua"][b]Hair Restoration from the Grimoire of Odd Uncle Susan[/b][/font]
1/2 tablespoon essence of lizard
2 newts tongues
3 toad eyes
12 dessicated cats (well, you've gotta hope!)

Put the whole lot into a cauldron and boil it up in dew water colelcted by young virgins (so not in Luton) on the first night of a new moon whilst dancing naked around it.

After the court case and subsequent photos, go to the local wig emporium and buy a disguise... :)

Edited by icastle

[quote name='Johnston' post='1189209' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:16 PM']You still trying to get rid of your surplus stock???[/quote]

Yeah, about another 6 to go.
Need to have another round up again soon but got to be careful as I'm not too sure which ones are from here and which ones are from other houses...

I too like the wristband idea but it does involve some poor sod having to do the leg work! :) I vote matching tattoos :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189151' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:40 PM']there's always the uber-cool BassChat T-shirts, of which I am a proud owner :lol:[/quote]
which neither of us had on at the last Case Hardin show :D

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1189232' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:27 PM']I too like the wristband idea but it does involve some poor sod having to do the leg work! :) I vote matching tattoos :)

which neither of us had on at the last Case Hardin show :D[/quote]
Mrs C appears to have hidden my BC t-shirt :lol:

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1189211' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:17 PM']Are you joking? I carried those damn carrots around everywhere for 2 years and not a dickybird.[/quote]

You were SUPPOSED to carry the dickybird as well as the carrots... :)

Edited by icastle

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1189232' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:27 PM']I too like the wristband idea but it does involve some poor sod having to do the leg work! :) I vote matching tattoos :)

which neither of us had on at the last Case Hardin show :D[/quote]

I just did a quick google, and obviously without haggle, seems you can get 100 printed de bossed bands for 1.35 each (dont go for cheap just printed only ones!)

I have no idea of the numbers on here who'd use, but less will cost more and more much less

Anyway based on 100, the bands would cost say £2 each with P+P, thats lots of envelopes to write out, so might be better if everyone who wants one sends a SAE, then the band just gets popped in

Id be happy to arrange, but would need to be sure not be be out of pocket on outlay

A band would be good, if you don't want to wear it, just tie it to your cab or bass or something :lol:

Perhaps a thread a few weeks prior to purchase, then gauge numbers, arrange cost etc

Id be happy to sort this, need a nod from some MODS and senior BC members first

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1189259' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:41 PM']Getting back to the original question...won't they be the 2 slightly odd looking guys stood just in front of the mixing desk sucking their teeth and shaking their heads?[/quote]

This :)

Also anyone that feels the need to play a bass worth more than £800 (with the possible exception of Warwicks) or less than £200 with at least £600 worth of modifications tends to be a BCer. :) I happily gigged an Ibanez BTB406QM for 8 years, signed up here and I've had well over £4,000 worth of basses in a year come and go, and that's not including amps.

Also anyone that comes up to you at the end of a gig and asks you whether you've seen the video of the drummer at the wrong gig. :lol:

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

Have to be stickers for me as I don't like things on my wrist, ears, necks etc. Its hard enough wearing a watch and a wedding ring is like torture. Basschat Sticker would be good as it could go on the grill of the cab, gig bag, flight case etc as well as the car window. Variety of sizes would be good also.

Edited by Linus27