Why become a member? ×

I'm still in my band

Happy Jack

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1147107' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:51 PM']Despite all manner of aggravation and a very irritating guitarsehole, I seem to still be in my band.

Doesn't make much of a story, does it?[/quote]
great job taking the piss outta people choosing to vent into what they feel is a safe enviroment

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1147107' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:51 PM']Despite all manner of aggravation and a very irritating guitarsehole, I seem to still be in my band.[/quote]

I think that is an accurate description of most bassists who are still in bands (bands with guitars that is).

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1147107' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:51 PM']....Despite all manner of aggravation and a very irritating guitarsehole, I seem to still be in my band....[/quote]
I haven't left a band since last Christmas! What's wrong with me?!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1147107' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:51 PM']Despite all manner of aggravation and a very irritating guitarsehole, I seem to still be in my band.

Bah, there's always one who has to be different :)

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1147120' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:03 PM']I think that is an accurate description of most bassists who are still in bands (bands with guitars that is).[/quote]

yep. same story for me.

How about a Bass chat band swap, that could be interesting.

I've never been in a band, but by golly, I'd like to join one right now and give them a piece of my mind. In fact, I intend to leave them before even joining, that'll show 'em. Flipping guitarists/singers/drummers, who needs 'em?

EDIT:
Whoops, just read Mr Skank's posting, sorry, not plagerising.

Edited by MSL

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1147195' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:58 PM']I'm not in a band at the moment. But if I was I'd be slapping the singer for forgetting where the bridge goes in 'Take Me to the River'. What a cock.

So I'm leaving. What do you think?[/quote]

I'd be careful. I reckon that Al Green can handle himself.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1147203' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:04 PM']How about a Bass chat band swap, that could be interesting.[/quote]
No chance. I get to stand behind Sian and Abi while they shake their collective booties... I ain't swapping my view for nothin'. :)

[quote name='MSL' post='1147207' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:05 PM']Whoops, just read Mr Skank's posting, sorry, not plagerising.[/quote]
Not at all, my friend. It goes to prove the point. Non-existent annoying tw*t singers are a widespread problem.

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1147213' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:08 PM']I'd be careful. I reckon that Al Green can handle himself.[/quote]
Take him easy. The late Tiny Tim gave Al a ferocious leathering at Woodstock when Al laughed at Tim's ukueueuelele. Tim got a BJ from Grace Slick off the back of that. Al went home in an ambulance and turned to God.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Sibob' post='1147168' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:41 PM']I've been in my covers band for nearly 7 years.....what's wrong with me? Lol

Si[/quote]

That sounds like a relationship..

My longest relationship is now 2 1/2years and counting, but it works as we don't see each other every week :-)

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1147157' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:34 PM']Why don't we ALL just leave our bands? Right now. A national bassists' strike. That'll show 'em. B*st*rds.

( :) )[/quote]
All that would mean is the rhythm guitarists would swap to bass, and still play it like a rhythm guitar, would be a mess.

on second thoughts, maybe that would make them appreciate us more if/when we returned!

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1147195' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:58 PM']I'm not in a band at the moment. But if I was I'd be slapping the singer for forgetting where the bridge goes in 'Take Me to the River'. What a cock.[/quote]

Before you do leave, at the same time as slapping him, tell him he'll find out where the bridge is once he gets to the river.

Now then Jack, as a long term unemployed bass player I find that remark upsetting.

I have spent the past 2 years looking for bass work to no avail . I have been on every government training scheme available ,seen a bass counsellor and even tried to retrain as a slapper but nothing. How I wish I could complain about guitarists telling me what to do or singers not acknowledging that I'm even in their band. But no all I can complain about is my missus asking me to play quietly after 9 as the kids are in bed. :)