Why become a member? ×

Anybody Ordered Stuff FromThomanns?

Hobbayne

I dont believe it!! :) I,ve just checked the tracking number and they say that I have refused delivery! apparently they tried to deliver it last wednesday morning at 8am and I refused it!! :) No card through the letter box nothing!!!
Bloody Parcelfarce!! I,ll have to go and pick it up now from their sodding depot!! :lol:

My mate was looking for a new guitar and I was doing a bit of the e-legwork for him. Thomann's had a good price on the guitar he wanted, so I looked at some reviews. Some complaints, as you'd expect for any international online trader, but also lots of positives.

One of the reviewers, though, suggested that prospective buyers get in touch with dv247 here in the UK and ask them for their Europe-wide price match. My mate phoned them and got the deal, so his guitar didn't need to be imported, cost the same, and will be more easily returnable should things go wrong.

Other UK online retailers offer a Europe-wide price match, though I can't for the life of me remember which ones.

EDIT: you'd still be at the mercy of the couriers, though...

:)

Edited by Mr H

Parcel Farce more like it.

Was away last weekend, got home on Tuesday to find 2 cards from them on top of all the post. One card said my parcel had been left at the local PO and the other card said the item would be delivered again tomorrow as it was too big. There was no tracking number and the drivers name and round number was illegible.
I went to the PO on Weds and picked up 1 parcel and on Thursday, having waited in for 2 days and having tried to email them ( remember no tracking number or details) to no avail rang them on an 0844 number. After waiting a few minutes they told me that my other parcel ( a double bass fingerboard) was .........at the local PO too!

Luckily I got away without paying VAT and import duty on it ( came from China) but no thanks to PF who are hopeless!

I got my CV Jazz from Thomann's a few weeks back before the prices went up.

Ordered Tuesday, arrived Friday. Delivery was free as over £199.

Packaging was totally superb!

I used to order drum stuff from them a few years back, and that was always good. This was my first guitar, and the whole transaction was easier and quicker than some UK places!

Incidentally, I asked Soundslive to match the price (about £280) as they advertise such a service. They said they could do it for £300 from £319. Quite surprised as their price had only gone up a few days before!

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1137370' date='Feb 22 2011, 05:37 PM']Really? I didn't think it's been legal to supply electrical equipment to the UK without a proper UK 13 amp plug fitted for quite a few years now.[/quote]
I bought an amp from an online retailer just after christmas and it came with a two pin lead. They were very good though and I got a 3 pin as soon as possible.

But I did think it odd.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1137213' date='Feb 22 2011, 03:42 PM']I've bought a few things from Thomann. It's always been quick service between three and five days.[/quote]
I'm the same, I've only placed 3 or 4 orders though and just one was a bass. The others were gig bags or accessories. My Hofner bass was about 48hrs tops.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1137370' date='Feb 22 2011, 05:37 PM']Really? I didn't think it's been legal to supply electrical equipment to the UK without a proper UK 13 amp plug fitted for quite a few years now.[/quote]

It is perfectly legal to supply equipment without a mains plug fitted.
Most manufacturers tend to fit plugs because it removes a portion of liability and ensures customer safety.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1137411' date='Feb 22 2011, 06:02 PM']I bought an amp from an online retailer just after christmas and it came with a two pin lead. They were very good though and I got a 3 pin as soon as possible.

But I did think it odd.[/quote]

The sales guy at Thomann said that its European Regulations to provide the relevent plug for the country of sale,so I presume that Germany uses the 2 pin.
Never a prob-search Ebay in Hairdressing supplies ! there is a 2 pin to 3 pin plug that is a great solution--check the wives GHD straighteners they usually have one one :)

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1137267' date='Feb 22 2011, 04:22 PM']I dont believe it!! :) I,ve just checked the tracking number and they say that I have refused delivery! apparently they tried to deliver it last wednesday morning at 8am and I refused it!! :) No card through the letter box nothing!!!
Bloody Parcelfarce!! I,ll have to go and pick it up now from their sodding depot!! :lol:[/quote]

This is getting better!! After going to collect it freom Parcel Farces West London depot and keeping me waiting for over 45 minuites......You guest it, THEY HAVE LOST IT!! they dont have a clue where it is!! and now they expect me to file a claim for the parcel they lost.
Steer clear of this shower of sh*t guys!! :D

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1138866' date='Feb 23 2011, 05:22 PM']Steer clear of this shower of sh*t guys!! :)[/quote]
As I've said a few times on here, I wouldn't use PF if they were free. I'm only surprised that their men don't drive off into the sunset shouting "yee-ha!".

I ordered an SKB case that wasn't distributed in the UK at the time, excellent service from Thomann, perfect in every way; but you do get hammered with spam & junk-mail from them afterwards.

Parcel farce lied and said id twice not been in when they called, even though my package was delivered to my parents house who are pensioners and never go out and a dog that barks the house down if the gate so much as squeeks. They then said it'd been sent back down south to their depot, instead of leaving it in the north west. I dont belive that my parcel even came near my home town. They could have also left it with either neighbours if it needed a signature. I firmly belive that if a driver only has a few parcels left and its getting near days end, that they just drive on straight home and fiddle the paperwork. Why the bosses dont just check the tachograph i'll never know. Or maybe i do know. They dont want bad stuff happening on their watch, so they just back the drivers who seem to be about 50% lying scumbags.

Edited by daz

I'm luckly that my local depot is just across town for me, it must be a right pain in the pisser if you have to travel to yours.
In the past two years I've been in & overheard at different times drivers bragging that they can do what they please with deliveries because the manager is too scared to confront them in case a strike kicks off - and one driver saying another one had gone out & he must have been still over the limit from what he saw him drink the night before.