Why become a member? ×

Anybody Ordered Stuff FromThomanns?

Hobbayne

If any of the music shops available to me had anywhere near the level of customer support that Thomann offers, then I'd have no problem keeping things local. I've even gone as far as having basses made locally to support business here. But when you're dealing with staff that won't order flatwound strings because 'they're crap and no-one likes them' even though you're standing there requesting them.... well, all of a sudden that £10 shipping charge and online buying seem pretty unbeatable.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1179775' date='Mar 28 2011, 05:29 PM']If any of the music shops available to me had anywhere near the level of customer support that Thomann offers, then I'd have no problem keeping things local. I've even gone as far as having basses made locally to support business here. But when you're dealing with staff that won't order flatwound strings because 'they're crap and no-one likes them' even though you're standing there requesting them.... well, all of a sudden that £10 shipping charge and online buying seem pretty unbeatable.[/quote]

If it wasnt for Thomanns i wouldn't have had 2 Lakland Duck Dunns or a Fender 2008 P5 in the past. No one store over here (not even the Gallery) had a Duck Dunn at the time of my first one, and when i tried to order a Fender P5 from 2 stores that were advertising them on their websites i was told they were a special order and i wouldn't be able to send it back if i didnt like it, even though they didnt have them in stock and so i couldn't try one. Thomanns told me (via a call to them) "if i wasnt 100% happy please send it back as they value their customers and only want them to be happy".

Ive also had to use Thomanns last week to order a Fender pickup as no one over here had stock, other than one place who wanted £95 for it.

Thomanns might be undercutting the small shops but they got where they are for a reason IMO. Its no wonder they are popular with service like this.